Not any religion- Do you believe in an intelligent GOD?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by foster911, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@Tealla I love everything you say.
    In this world, constantly attempting to amass and retain ALL the knowledge, there are few who realize that true wisdom comes from knowing what to let go.
    I'm glad you were able to discern.

On with the spiritual edification...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I believe that God is also the nature, cosmo, universe, whatever you may call it. It's an entity, but the nature is part of it. And we are part of nature as well. It's a whole mess. I have a couple of experiences "talking with God" but they are too long to write and I won't do them justice.
    Very interesting post Tealla :wink:

At the end of the day just be cool and don't act like a dick and you'll be fine; I think we can all agree on this, no matter if you have faith in Cubase or FL Studio

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

4. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

I am sure there is nothing like a god. I accept that we wouldn't be able to understand a god as many things could not applied to it (think of physics etc.), but I am sure there is none. I am also sure there is no afterlife. I'd love to believe in souls and an eternal existence but I don't. We're all just stuff moving around with a crippling bad ability to think that's just ahead enough of other animals to make us believe to be superior in any way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. LordFunky

LordFunky Ultrasonic

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

[​IMG]

Is this the god we are referring to, or something similar? This was an acceptable image of an intelligent god a few hundred years ago in America. People were sacrificed to him in order to bring rain. Every god needs a sacrifice of some kind, your soul, your life, your obedience. Give everything and you will be spared, you may even get a reward. You can even bypass the laws of nature and resurrect the dead, divide the sea or heal sick people in an instant. Just sleep. All your problems will be solved.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. _musicologo

_musicologo Newbie

yes and i know that god has nothing to do with human invented religions.. he is about love and compassion and came 2000 years ago to die for the sins on humanity whoever believes in him shall be saved no matter from which religion u come from or what you did.. ask god humble to reveal himself to you and forgive your sins and he will 100%

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

First of all you have to do some research on the etymology, the original meanings of the word 'god'. God refers to 'gotten' and 'the invoked', it is what the ancient shamans 'invoked' when in trance. If we then look into the Latin and Greek words for god they are rooted in 'di-' = dios, deus, theos, Zeus, and all rooted in the ancient Indian (from India) 'di' meaning the light and probably referring to the planets and stars which were the first human ideas in deification. So you see that 'god' is not human or an intelligence per se.

I like Bashar's explanation which is there is no god but 'the all that is', that is all of existence is god which we are all part of, all of existence. So all existence may be an intelligence that was created to experience the infitity of everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Nop. No god for me. Just science, quantum mechanics & astro physics.
    Oh, and music. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

In situations like that,i usually cry about the big cubase projects i didnt finish.
    Second thought would be,does it need more flutes or cowbell?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

Of course there is an intelligent creator. You think our intelligence is from an accidental explosion? The Big Bang was intentional. Imagine supers computers in a network saying "no one created us". We give it all its instruction in code. We also have code called DNA. It was invented. Our tiny solar system is a....system. Systems have an administrator.

• Disagree x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

13. floond

floond Platinum Record

[​IMG]

As millions of mystics, sages, yogis and other awakened beings (Jesus being one of the more famous ones) have realized through the unio mystica /mystical-religious experience, we are God. Only the ignorance and arrogance of the Ego perpetuates the illusion that we are seperate from God (and from each other). Fortunately there are many tools to re-discover your true Self and your divinity. Meditation, yoga, entheogens etc. May you awaken and be free <3 No belief system necessary, the path of Self-discovery relies not on scripture or dogma, only practice.

Namaste :bow:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I'm perfectly fine with people believing in gods and all,
    I think it's even reasonable/possible to think that with a healthy psychical state of mind.

However, If you think you speak with god (the holy spirit or whatever) and you actually get answers,
    in the sense of a talking voice it's time to find a shrink. that's not me being a dick
    that's the preacher who baptized me, really a sensible guy that knows a lot.

I don't say this to humiliate any of you, I'm actually quite jealous of your faith.
    actually braking that castle of clouds would really be dickish thing to do.

However, I would be cautious if u come to understand that a supreme being is talking to u,
    a healthy dose doubt, not in your god but in a voice u believe to be your god is.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  15. wil6415

wil6415 Newbie

On the contrary science can't explain for example, as you say the supernatural? Well I lived through quite a few things which a gentleman who went to college experienced, along with me and 7 other people, moving objects, something pushing me into a room, my cousin fell through the porch and something grabbed his leg and 4 of us couldn't pull him up. That poor man screamed something blood-curdling, so that wasn't fake. By the time all of us got our wits we ran like hell was after us. We never forgot it and the man who went to college? He has been trying to explain it through science ever since. That was 36 years ago. My point? There are things in this universe we can't explain. Sometimes we must either say we don't know or may have experienced something we can't explain. I'd rather give an honest answer that I don't know than look like I know and later be proven that I was wrong. Heaven is real. I had a near death experience twice when I was sixteen due to appendicitis. That I can tell you It's real. Can't tell you about the other place because I'm not trying to find out . Hope this helps you. Also ask God yourself. It can't kill you to ask Him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I might be wrong, but most people don't really mean "talk" as in hearing a supreme being speak. It's more like a feeling or a one-way conversation, idk

17. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Holy Shit?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. wil6415

wil6415 Newbie

Maybe I can help those of you who don't know, can it hurt to ask God yourselves? Ask Him specifically to show you the truth. And here's another way to find out: start researching it yourself, but don't believe anything man tell you. That's the part you will trip over because listening to man will lead you in the wrong direction every time. Why? Did Adam listen to God when he knew not to eat of the tree of knowledge? So if Adam didn't listen, which started the rift between man and the Lord, then who is this wise person who knows all? None of us. Our job is to find our way back to him and it is no smooth road. It's loaded with traps and snares designed to weed out the ones not worthy of a life way longer than this 70+ year long test. Like I said it can't hurt to ask Him. What are you afraid of?

19. wil6415

wil6415 Newbie

Really? I wouldn't joke about that. But hey it is what it is. Just trying to help but it's a joke.

20. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

No, I don't believe in any kind of divinity hypothesis, be it theism, deism, panteism, etc...

Honestly, since we know that the origin of the belief in deities lie in the principle of the so called god of the gaps (I can't explain it, therefore it must be god), and that the overwhelming majority of these gaps have been filled with solid scientific theories along the centuries, I think it's just a matter of time until there are no more gaps left.

God used to be huge just a few centuries ago. Earthquakes, storms, diseases, meteorites and countless other natural phenomenas used to be considered a direct manifestation of god's will. Now we know exactly how and why all those things happen.

Nowadays, theologians have nowhere else to place their hopes except on the origin of the universe and the origin of life on Earth, but it's also just a matter of time until these gaps are filled with solid scientific explanations as well. Both research fields are rapidly and steadily evolving; There's a new exciting discovery practically every day...

Science is an ever evolving field, while theology, well, theology is basically stuck in the same place for thousands of years.

So, honestly, is there any real reason to believe in god besides cultural childhood indoctrination?

Most religious people don't even know why they believe in god. It's just like cheering for team X or team Y; There's no real reason to cheer for a team, let alone cheer for a certain team over the next one. People simply inherit this behavior from their parents/relatives and spend the rest of their lives blindly repeating it without ever questioning...

It's no coincidence that the vast majority of people have the same religious beliefs as their parents and/or whatever religious belief is dominant in their communities/countries...It's just blind, repetitive behavior. There's absolutely no intelectual or "spiritual" depth to it. It's just plain stupid, and definitively nothing to be proud of.

Let alone religion...Don't even get me started...Contemporary society would be so much better without it...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.