Not able to add Libraries on kontakt 6

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sidharth Narayanan, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Sidharth Narayanan

Sidharth Narayanan Newbie

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum as well as kontakt but in dire need of some help

So I downloaded Kontakt 6.4.0 and a couple of other versions of kontakt 6 but the same problem persists. When I go to add the libraries on Kontakt 6, it doesn't have that option. Only the launch native access thing. So I read that I have to add libraries from the 5.6.6 app. So I did that. I tried two libraries. One of them shows the notification that this version of kontakt is too old to run that and the other one loads fine but it's gone the next time I open 5.6.6 and it doesn't show up on kontakt 6 either. What to do?
    I'm using macbook air running macOS Mojave.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Mojave?
    So when you added in 5.6, was there a .tmp file on your desktop?
    If so, rename as .xml, make sure the file is named as the library, and put the .xml in Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center.
    Remember, new libs aren't supposed to be played in 5.6.+ anyway. Doesn't matter if they don't show either. Just for adding libraries.
    Can't believe you couldn't find this by searching here at AS, because I've answered this question sooo many times!

The other lib is obviously for newer than your 6.4.0

4. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

Advice. What Smooth Grooves said is absolutely true. And in fact, I recommend that you do not scroll through the installed libraries in Kontakt 5.X once you begin to organize them in Kontakt 6.x.

It has been my experience that since Kontakt 5.x displays a subset of the libraries that Kontakt 6.x displays, as you scroll through them in 5.x you will mess up the ordering that will be shown in Kontakt 6.x.

Only use Kontakt 5.x for adding libraries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Smoove Grooves

True say! Irish wisdom from experience! :like:
    edit: Oops! Dublin OHIO!

6. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

the is an add library program you need it in the kontakt dir make a shortcut to your desktop

first you add your libraries with it then you open kontakt and they are there if you need to add again close kontat in your daw add and open again its a pain

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

Whats the largest city in the world DUBLIN cause it keep doublin and doublin yessss Iyaaaaaaaaa

8. Amorphis

Amorphis Member

The best answer comes from Pure Energy (before he made that... joke ;-)).

you don’t need any older version to add libraries. just use the add library exe program in the root folder of Kontakt.
    Usually this would open when you click the add library tab within Kontakt, but somehow in the newer versions the cracker failed to make it work.

9. Smoove Grooves

@Pure Energy @Amorphis
    Nope!
    Can you read? The OP is on macOS.
    We do not have the Add Lib app on macOS!
    This is why we use 5.6.x to add libraries!

And the best answer will be me, when OP does what I said; another bit you both failed to read.

10. Sidharth Narayanan

Okay so guys get this. I got to add the libraries finally. All I did was I changed the permission settings for the service centre folder I added me on as read and write. Now I can load some of the libraries and it shows up on kontakt 6. But I can't add some. It says it already exists within the library tab but it's not there. Evolution strawberry works fine. I'm facing this issue with Big Fish Audio Ambient minimalism and Session Guitarist Electric Starburst Deluxe. Any thoughts?

11. Smoove Grooves

Oh. You want these guys to help you? Okay.

12. Sidharth Narayanan

Yes your's is the best answer. There ain't no add library thingy for mac at least not that I know of

13. Smoove Grooves

Orange Tree Samples do not have a .nicnt file.
    Open from Quickload or drag n drop the .nki into Kontakt.
    If you've added a bespoke .nicnt file, that's up to you.
    Would have only been Best Answer (which you allocate to the comment so it shows as Best Answer) IF what I had told you was of any use.
    But you say it was a permissions thing.
    That's rarer than the answer I gave you, usually!

14. Smoove Grooves

No. NI dropped the Add Library button around 5.8.x or something. :deep_facepalm:

15. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

I'm in Dublin, Ohio. It's a suburb of Columbus, Ohio.
    My parents were both German, and I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio -- so many years ago.

Thanks for the supportive comments.

16. Sidharth Narayanan

Broooooo C'monnnn guys includes you too. I'm really stuck here

17. Smoove Grooves

And I answered you. Again!
    "Includes" me? With the two who obviously don't know what they are talking about! lol
    Only fastfingers55 and I have said anything truthful and of use.
    You said:
    Great.
    And you still haven't told me yet if you have created a bespoke .nicnt for the OTS libs...

18. Sidharth Narayanan

I do have a .nicnt for the orange tree samples evolution guitar. Don't ask me why it's there, idk. I downloaded it from somewhere(cracked). But this one's not the problem. It works fine. Big Fish Audio Ambient minimalism and Session Guitarist Electric Starburst Deluxe these are the ones causing problems. It doesn't get added on 5.6. It says it already exists within the library tab. They don't show up there nevertheless.

19. Thai Prince

Thai Prince Newbie

Hi guys, I am new to this forum and I in dire need of some information and help

Bought myself a MacBook Pro (intel) running macOS Catalina in mid May 2020. Downloaded Native Instrument Kontakt 5.6.0 with Kontakt 6.3.1 from 'sister site'. Use Full Kontakt version (from sister site). This is not the official Kontakt. Using online hack method

Added library from "Native Access" using repair function in the Native Access. Everything was fine and was able to download and use it perfectly. Later months it seems that when I opened Native Access, the Native Access app began to updates itself to a newer version. I can't download anymore new sound library. The repair function is gone.

Anyone out there with similar experiences and is there any work around?

By the way, the previous downloaded sound libraries are still working well

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  20. Epidemico

Epidemico Producer

Personal experience, everyone has his own obviously, but i found out that the portable version is the best solution and to me it's even faster, i added all the libraries without problems, plus all the other libraries without the .nicnt file added on quickload, standalone works perfectly, vst too, on Reaper and Ableton, only downside is that doesn't work on Maschine but is not my main daw and i use it sometimes only with its own expansions.

21. Smoove Grooves

The op refers to macOS.
    We dont have portable on macOS.