not a contest #4

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Grape Ape, Sep 4, 2024.

1. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

[​IMG]

why is the time? by Yi
    https://www.instagram.com/alex22444

translated IG caption by photographer:

Guidelines
    • music must be an original piece created by you for this contest, with the image above as inspiration
    • any genre, song length, technique, structure, etc. is allowed, as well as collaborations
    • videos, poems, cover art, etc. accompanying the music is allowed, just has to be inspired by the image above or your musical interpretation
    • critics, thoughts and opinions on others submissions are allowed and welcomed, just keep in mind this is all for fun
    • a description on the ideas/process behind your work is encouraged, its not a must: but its helpful for the observers to understand your interpretation more
    • your submission is also an entry to host the next non-contest

*people who havent hosted yet will get first choice to volunteer at the end, first person to accept hosts #5. if none do in 24 hours, the post number your submission is on will be put into an online number randomizer list, which will pick who will run #5. if theyre not available, next person on the list, etc.

submission deadline is October 1st, 2024 (in the U.S.)

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

yo hope ya'll have fun

4. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

...linear time? ...circular time? ...real duration? ...temporality? ...relationsism? ...absolutism? ...presentism? ...dimentionality? ...metabolic influence? ...animal perception of time? ....ticking away the moments that make up a dull day ...time in a bottle ...clocks ...yesterday ...time after time ...what's the time mr wolf? ...the time is now ...time of the season ...time to ride on the time space continuum ...hey Yi, why is the time?

(original video is in public domain i just added the fx)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Another Aidene awesome, amazing sashay through the what could be!

Great minds think alike...time traveling to create different scenarios is what has sifted through the filter after discussing a collaborative effort with Reliefsan. He was focused on the future and I the past. What if...?

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@Aidene : dope shit, i had a feeling all that space travel would give you great insight on time. overall this is super psychedelic, i dig everything about this. the video and music match perfectly together and enhance each other well. the music definitely reminds me of a peyote trip, both in feeling and how it morphs and is all melty, very meditative but not boring; but captures the uplifting and positive energy of the photo well - great stuff mama, you knocked it out of the park with this one

@Lois Lane : yo that sounds sick, cant wait to hear what you dudes are whipping up for this

7. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Producer

Nice one Grape Ape. THX!

8. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Producer

Hello All! Nice track @Aidene ! I would have liked to hear more of your voice.

Here's my go at it. To me they seem attacked by tech weapons, only some visible.

:wow:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

Don't stop & don't look back! Keep on with your music @Bassifondi .........cool track melikesit ! :like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

see thats what i like most about this contest, seeing how others interpret things. i wouldve never thought about this photo on some Godzilla type shit - i see beautiful lens flare, you see death beams lol, love it

i actually really dig the message of this song @Bassifondi ; there was this tv show called afro samurai that use to come on when i was growing up. his whole vibe was, always move forward, which stuck with me; thats how you gotta be when trying to reach your goals ive learned, as well as not giving up. the lyrics of this song are all of that, very motivational

the song also has like this 90s synthpop feel, but it doesnt sound like it was made in the 90s energetically and sonically. it also feels otherworldly, lightweight and magical; but that groove has a coolness too it, same with the tones, that match the cool blue tones of the image. really seems to me like your submissions are getting better and better, super solid dude and glad to have your take on this

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

@Bassifondi .. I totally get the danger those three are in. Bionic salt water piranha created by a Serbian drug cartel intent on taking over the Korean heroin trade in Seoul are targeting the Korean bosses triplet daughters while they are holidaying on Jeju-Do. It is so sad that those three innocent children need suffer the sins of their father![​IMG]

12. reticular

reticular Producer

Is expirience measured by time?

It is like space, just a form that holds expirience together?

If you think about it, we all are masses of flesh somehow able to stay allive from moment to moment, i mean, just the fact we all are allive and have our stories is completely nuts, it is just bonkers.

100 years from now, we wont be here... so time is a gift from moment to moment..

That is why ´bad´ people feel so much power stealing energy from other people, they are stealing time, stealing life.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  13. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@reticular : deep house is my favorite type of house, very playful feeling with this that matches the pic perfectly and that tenor synth lead in the beginning is hella zany. i dig the sampling choices, really adds to it emotionally and your mixes are always fresh asf, the tones all have that smooth analog sound i love; but the depth, space and clarity of the mix, it sounds so good; in all of them youve submitted for this contest but now that im home and can hear it through my speakers, it sounds even better (theyve sounded great on my headphones though too) - production quality is high and mixing skills are icy. thanks for sharing your interpretation

14. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Producer

trippy @reticular you made a film from the photo!

15. reticular

reticular Producer

@Grape Ape - my production hype is so short man, if i strucked a chord in your deep house pupils i´m sure glad for that since i too fancy deep house! Mixed on a mbo sound card so atm i cant even listen if it is good or not, i did it really fast so i´m happy it came out not really bad. Much appreciated, very very kind of you, i like "icy" tho so waiting for your take now considering your previous unofficial win!

btw samples are from Goldbaby Tape808 & Tape909

@Bassifondi i heard your track and it sounds thick. so if this is a movie yours is a documentary!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
  16. ULX

ULX Guest

17. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆​

so for this one, the picture is very carefree and relaxed to me; but also playful, lighthearted, bright and warm. so those are the feelings i created from on this. since im finally back home from touring after almost three months, i can get good recordings of my physical instruments, so thats what i did; i also bought an ugly electric drum kit that i used for this. i added some samples from video recordings of some of my homies being drunk i had on my phone; to add to the atmosphere and friendly playfulness of it - genres i used i thought matched the image like usual

genres: surf rock & lounge jazz

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆​

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • List
  18. Aidene

Aidene Platinum Record

19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Lite as a feather, as a whisp to the wind. I like the sound you got outta that ugly drum set...and welcome home!

20. Bassifondi

Bassifondi Producer

21. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@Aidene @Lois Lane @Bassifondi thanks gang :mates:

also @Lois Lane, yeah i like it so far, just the acoustic kit has such presence ya know, like when you walk into a room, its beautiful to look at; people always wanna touch it - this one kinda looks like some arcade shit, mad easy to record though