Nord Mellotron - Free Master Tapes Sample Library

Discussion in 'Software News' started by sideshowbob, Nov 7, 2014.

1. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

[​IMG]
    Nord has released the Mellotron Master Tapes sample library for Nord Electro 4, Nord Stage 2, Nord Piano 2, Nord Electro 3 and Nord Wave.

The Master Tapes collection offers high-fidelity versions of the classic Mellotron sounds. It also features previously unreleased Mellotron sounds and rare custom sounds, made for Yes, Roxy Music, ‘BSabbath’, Tangerine Dream and others.

It also includes the Rhythms and Fills from the Mellotron MK I and MK II.

Here’s a groovy video preview, featuring Erik “Errka” Petersson at the Nord HQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFLrJBhaow#t=84​

Rhythm and Fills

The idea behind the Rhythms and Fills were to let users sound like professional musicians with a minimum of effort. By pressing a single key you’d have a complete old school rhythm section playing in your living room. Each Rhythm has corresponding Fills with Strings, Brass, Harps and more that fits automatically together with the accompaniment.

Custom Artist Sounds

In the abandoned Mellotron storage facility in Birmingham, a number of extremely rare tapes were discovered. These sounds were custom made for bands like Roxy Music, Yes, Tangerine Dream and BSabbath.

You can download or read more about the Mellotron Master Tapes at the Nord site.

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Does anyone here own one of these keyboards?
    I don't, but I'd really like to grab the samples somehow :wink: