non-microsoft email servers/clients and secure email

Discussion in 'PC' started by saccamano, Jul 22, 2024 at 2:20 AM.

1. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Making the move to shit-can microsoft completely since they are now blocking vpn's and putting stupid new requirements on simple email logins.

Need some suggestions on FREE secure internet email services that do not require personal info and are vpn friendly. Also would like some suggestions on 32bit windows based email servers for use only on a backend INTRANET (i.e. local lan - non internet).

If anyone has any suggestions for an email client that does O-AUTH and will also connect to a backend 2003 exchange server please let me know as well.

thanks!

3. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I'm not sure if it fully meets your needs but I quite like Proton Mail, it's definitely worth investigating.

https://proton.me/mail

4. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Why make a full move?

just have an email address throu anyone and have the microsoft email account forward everything to it.
    Makes it easy to change.

Right now I log in to virginmedia mail, last year it was sky and everyone still send emails to me via a @live.co.uk address.

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

not an expert for this topic, but Proton seems a decent provider,
    and for local self-hosted functionality, there are plenty Docker-based solutions, just move on from W32 already :bleh: