Non-Contest #5

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by aschnt, Oct 2, 2024 at 4:09 PM.

1. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

For me, this exercises we've been working here have really helped me out both as a songwriter and electronic musician in giving me a new way to direct my focus, what I draw from to create my own versions of reality. I'm fairly certain that 100% of the songs that I write and sing with draw directly from lived experience...the welling of emotionality transcribed by my lens in trying to make sense of the world as it is and to embellish, filli in the gaps as well as to fortify the storyline I am advocating. Though, with finding meaning in another's work there are unique choices and roads to follow, to my thinking. Because in a way the visual art provided for each exercise is in a sense literal, a moment frozen in time and not prone to any change whatsoever because of it's own singular-ness...it's objective impression. Where the cogs begin rolling is in my mind is when the literal becomes the figurative and my imagination can expand boundlessly. It's a novel approach for me and feels like experiencing a rare beauty in the natural world, like swimming with dolphines...awe inspiring and at once takes me breath away. The sense of childhood play I'm getting out of it too is dearly welcome.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

You'v perfectly captured the sense of awe and wonderment in the cats eyes! Kitty high, kitty low!!

3. Krobix

Krobix Newbie

make a cat scream like a tiger under water in the mouth of a pelican... nice inspiration for remixing " on the beach ; waterview from

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

@Lois Lane : ayy thats dope, im glad youre able to get that much enjoyment from it. i feel like it definitely comes through in your music and the descriptions of it. its also cool to see someone still so excited to create and perform, so many artists get jaded or bitter over the years, while youre still having fun with it; thats super important to see and read imo, so thanks for sharing that with me. im also glad you took the initiative to get the ball rolling on this. like ive said in the past, it was really beneficial for me on tour the last few months to have this to focus on out on the road. i feel like its given my life more balance as an artist, to just create without so much perfectionism and expectations around my songwriting. so thanks for starting this bitch up, its definitely one of those things i didnt know i needed till i found it; im glad to see im not the only one

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List