Nomad Factory MAGMA (For MAC and PC)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Kookaboo, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Nomad Factory MAGMA (For MAC and PC)

Nomad Factory MAGMA

Nomad Factory is pleased to announce MAGMA, their next generation of audio effects processing. MAGMA’s Virtual Studio Rack (VSR) technology allows users to stack interchangeable effect FX in an infinite amount of combinations, all in one easy to use plug-in.

MAGMA allows you to mix and match effects, create & recall unique chains and process your audio in ways previously unimaginable. When you use MAGMA it’s just like having a Virtual Studio Rack with an infinite amount of effects at your fingertips.

Key features

* MAGMA includes 65 high-quality, ALL NEW custom rack FX that each have their own unique flavor. Categories include:
    o Dynamics
    o Equalizers
    o Pre Amps
    o Distortions
    o Reverbs
    o Delays
    o Modulation
    o Filters
    o Special FX
    o Guitar FX
    * The ability to interchange racks freely and a flexible routing matrix allows you to build the effect chains of your dreams.
    * Future Rack Effects of MAGMA will also support:
    o Take your effects processing to another dimension when you load the special “MFX-Chainer” FX to create chains within chains.
    o MAGMA will also support 3rd party VST plug-ins in “MFX-Chainer” FX, so you can mix and match your favorite VSTs.

On the Mac, MAGMA requires OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 or higher, an Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor of faster, and 1Gb of RAM. 32-bit and 64-bit are supported. PowerPC Macs are not supported. MAGMA is available as AudioUnit, RTAS (AAX coming soon) and VST plug-ins. You can authorize MAGMA on up to 5 computers with a simple one-click authorization procedure, no dongle key required.

MAGMA is available now via direct download from Nomad Factory for $199.
    For a limited time, registered customers may upgrade to MAGMA for $179.

Code:
    www.nomadfactory.com/products/magma/
    Needs just a Serial Number! :wink: *yes*

3. MARJU GRLYO

MARJU GRLYO Noisemaker

Sounds nice :wink:

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

For those that will perhaps try this 'MAGMA' Demo available within the 'Nomad Factory' Official Website, simply BE AWARE that it's still a bit 'buggy', in fact it literally 'freezes' and 'crashes' immediately, itself and your DAW, mainly when you try to select another Presets by using the 'Scrolling Menu' (Green Arrow in the following snapshot). You can load the first Preset normally, then when you choose another one... here comes the 'bug' previously mentioned !
    A solution if you want to select and try others Presets is by using the 'Presets Browser' instead (Red Arrow in the following snapshot). This way, you can still navigate a bit through the Factory Presets without risking an immediate 'crash'.

[​IMG]
    Changing the Presets within the 'Presets Browser' (Red Arrow) is working fine, whereas using the 'Scrolling Menu' (Green Arrow) will shortly become 'fatal' ! (as you'll very quickly see it !)

[​IMG]
    When you click on the little 'Folder Icon' (upper left Red Arrow), it becomes orange in place of grey, then you get the 'Presets Browser' where you can select the desired Category and corresponding Presets. Simply 'double-click' on the desired Presets to be loaded (right side), then when done, click once again on the little 'Folder Icon' and the Interface will return to the Main 'Rack' GUI.

I also noticed that this Demo 'freezes' and 'crashes' sometimes when navigating through the Factory Presets, but this time inside the different Racks themselves (4 Racks), especially within the several elements (FXs) when changed or loaded, nevertheless you'll be able to make several changes before it 'crashes' totally... nothing to compare with the first mentioned 'bug' of which the 'crash' is almost immediate !

These mentioned 'bugs', 'freezes', 'crashes',... occurred within the following DAWs and versions :

* IL Fruity Loops XXL Bundle v10.0.8 - Team AiR
    * PreSonus Studio One 2 v2.0.6.18491 - Team AiR
    * Ableton LIVE Suite 8 v8.3 (Build 4920) - must be Team ASSiGN (don't remember, as I used a separate 'Authorizer')

* Steinberg Cubase 5 v5.1.1.120 - Team AiR
    This last one will be attested later because I must to switch of computer to test it. As soon as I get some results, they will be reported... but I already guess what will be my conclusion !

:excl: IMPORTANT :excl:
    These conclusions concerned solely the x86 - 32bit Demo version of 'MAGMA' and under XP Professional SP3 .
    Maybe you'll be more lucky if you test and use it under Win7, the x64 - 64bit version or that you're a MAC OSX user and that the MAC versions work fine for you...

A last word to the various Teams (or even individuals) that will perhaps try to get this 'MAGMA' fully functional (you easily understand what I mean !), maybe it could be wise to wait for a 'proper' version available in place of perhaps 'spend' some time (or maybe hours !) to get this one validated... Just a thought *yes*

[​IMG]
    Here you have how looks the 'Authorization' process. This time, it requires a 'single' Activation Code, so nothing to do with previous 'Code Challenge/Response' methods, then I can guess that some previous methods will be ineffective... but maybe I'm wrong !

Hope it help ! :wink:

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

ya Nomad Factory has nice stuff nice info thanks

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Studio 555 – It's true, i experienced some crash using MAGMA in Amadeus PRO!

MAGMA only needs a Serial Number, so i suppose it won't take long until it gets released-unlocked! :bow:

7. lisapower

lisapower Member

@Kookaboo

i think you are wrong, yes they need Serial Number, Rob Papen plugs also need a SN, but there are still very rare, example: RP-Delay, RP-Distord etc... maybe i'm wrong.

I would love to see MAGNETIC 2.0 from Nomad Factory cracked first!

8. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

It is, quite a long time...

9. lisapower

lisapower Member

not v2.0, Mac

10. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Ah, Mac...

11. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ LisaPower,

Of course, this new 'MAGMA' is perhaps not so specific than the mentioned 'MAGNETIC v2.0', it's more like an 'All-In-One', nonetheless you'll maybe be very surprised by some of its features (in case you don't still had a look at its specifications, of course !).
    For instance, the possibility to get 4 independent FX Racks on a same Plug-In, and more, configurable in diverse 'chain paths' is, in my opinion, one of its best features. *yes*

12. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

ya this is going to be good for processing Beats and Vocals

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

I dunno, felt a bit.. Fisher Price to me, a bit cheesy, perhaps aimed at somewhat noobish users.. decent plug but isn't going to place anything I typically use.'

Reminded me of the effects rack in Omnisphere.

Also, had no preset issues at all.

14. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Do you mean Omnisphere's FXs are aimed at somewhat noobish users ?
    They sound very decent to me.

15. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

:grooves: You sound very high nozy + arrogant + snobby here!
    Keep in mind that one can make good music also with modest stuff.

16. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

As I hate football (soccer), I propose a boxing contest... :rofl:

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

No, I meant in general appearance only.... in Omnisphere.. *yes*