Nobody knows how to make this Sound

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by BENZZER, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

anyone knows how to make the bass stabs ??? any ideas on how to get a similar sound with similar character?

3. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

to me it's more like E-Tom or percussion with 80s reverb, and in the 4th second something like vinyl!:dunno:

4. meow

meow Guest

Why one would want to make such an horror?

5. teknomix

teknomix Kapellmeister

Really? Serum, Massive and Reaktor have lots of these bass stabs, generally made with wavetables and up two or three layers.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

"Nobody knows..." :rofl:

One could make that by recording a door slamming hard, run it through some FFT effects and EQ and then add a 60Hz sine sub under it. :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Would sound better!

8. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

can someone tell me something about the transients? im cant tell if the transients are loud or quiet. I have problems getting a similar adsr too

9. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

Classic Orchestra Hit layered

10. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Standard riddim bass. Throw any old wavetable into serum, low octave and vowely works best, add ALL THE FILTERS, and modulate them to sound like they're talking subtly. Also can't forget to modulate fm from b, that is key. Then compress the SHIT out of the signal with OTT, add a sub bass, and you're on your way.

11. ontschoeit

ontschoeit Kapellmeister

Less generic EDM and the world would become a more interesting place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Dread_J

Dread_J Kapellmeister

please help the kid to copy someone else, its important for his """creativity"""

i'm still laughing about the kid who was wondering which instrument he was hearing .... was a bass.
    Edm creates dumb and stupid people i guess

13. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

how in the world is this a riddim bass? & it doesent sound like fm or serum in any way

14. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

you say edm creates stupid people? but you obviously cant tell how this sound is made, instead you post something ironically and not helping at all.

15. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Well it's a riddim bass cause it's in a riddim song. If this isn't serum (which can easily create wonky harmonic sampled sounds like this, you might just not know about it), then it could easily just be any sample cut up and effected to hell and back. Like this is one of those basses that doesn't rely on tonal elements as much as high frequency atonal frequencies introduced by exaggerated filters and processing, which is why I'm pretty sure it's Serum.

16. E.T.F

E.T.F Producer

wow, some really cnty comments here, maybe some of u guys who are so critical of electronic music should post a list of what you listen to so we can laugh at it....seriously, put the musical elitism away, try some constructive criticism, find some well produced electronic music and open your ears!
    I think this bass sound is great! Does that make me an idiot or does it just mean I like this kind of sound? I don't really like guitar..., i've heard it a zillion times but so what?
    I can still appreciate skill or technique or production or originality......

Yes probably a serum patch, here are some useful links to help the OP to learn more about how to make this and similar sounds.
    https://gravitascreate.com/ has links to tutorials, free sample packs etc and there are loads of great artists providing content etc from gravitasrecordings.com/ an artists collective producing some great bass music and more.
    Spag Heddy/Tisoki "Forest Temple" Dubstep Bass Tutorial

basic serum dubstep bass tutorial
    Mr. Bill - Neuro Basses, Sound Design Arrangement & The Toolbox

Processing Bass Sounds | Mr. Bill

https://www.musicradar.com/tuition/...ofunk-bass-sound-in-xfer-records-serum-640465