No vst2 show Up Studio one/Waves Complete v2023.02.07 Incl Emulator-R2R

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tommy2Late, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Tommy2Late

Tommy2Late Noisemaker

Hey,

With this release studio one 6 scan the Vst3 plugins without problem but no vst2 plugins. As i see there are waveshells in the respective vst2 folders, so the .dll are there but studio one doesn't scan them...
    Without them no Studio Rack presets are working and old projects doesn't open properly. Can anybody help? Thx!

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Seems to be an issue with Studio One. If you temporarily delete or move the WaveShell-VST3 files, you will see the VST2 plihins the next time you launch S1. When you restore or move the VST3 shells back to the default location, you will get only VST3 plugins showing in Studio One again.

Plugin Manager in Studio One only showing a small list of Plugin Alliance VST2 as well. There should an option to show only one format or both for compatibility with older projects.

One of the many reasons I do not use Studio One as my main DAW. Ableton is also a sideline DAW for me due to my son's choice.

4. Tommy2Late

Tommy2Late Noisemaker

Thank you for your Tipp. it's really weird. Now the plugins are vst2 .... But when I open studio rack it still only shows vst3 Plugins, even tho no vst3 Plugins are scanned (cause I moved them to trash temporary). I don't get it but thx anyway:) I try to go back to a version where studio rack didn't host vst3