No sound when attempting to trigger drums in XLN XO with Akai Mpk Mini

Discussion in 'Software' started by BigUps, Apr 13, 2023.

1. BigUps

BigUps Newbie

I'd greatly appreciate some troubleshooting assistance here. I'm trying to trigger drums in XLN XO with my Akai Mpk Mini II. I'm running Reaper and every other Vst instrument is playing just fine with the mpk mini, so I'm thinking the issue lies somewhere else. I can't seem to find any midi settings in xln xo, so maybe I've overlooked something in reaper. My goal is to route the 8 sample slots in xln xo to the 8 pads on the mpk mini. Any suggestions?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

i do not use XO. But i will mention, that every time I seem to have a problem with my controller triggering drums in various plugins like Falcon; it is almost always because the controller is triggering a different octave than where your samples reside. If you open your piano roll editor, trigger a few hits using the controller and it should show what octave on the plugin the incoming midi data is actually triggering. I almost always add a Transposer plugin in front of my drummer plugin anyway, so all you do is +-12 to shift the octave up or down.

make sure the keys you are triggering correspond with places your plugin has samples loaded. if you cannot trigger a sample from the piano roll either, it will show where your problem is a little easier.

4. BigUps

BigUps Newbie

Thanks for the help, i think I'm starting to get somewhere. I checked out the piano roll and I at least know where the pads are routed to on the piano roll by default. I tested out the transposer plugin with reaper and haven't succeeded yet, but I'm getting warmer. Appreciate the tips!