No sound coming from R2R Omnisphere

Discussion in 'Software' started by sheuges91, Jan 16, 2019.

1. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

I cracked Omni last night, and I actually got the program to load into FL Studio, both 32bit and 64bit are cracked successfully (kinda). I can see the interface, all my sounds, but I get no audio out of either. When I try, I get told to refresh the SoundSource browser. I've tried looking that up, but I'm not sure how to do that. I went through the process of installing all discs 2 times now. I'm sure it's a mistake on my end, but I don't know how to fix it? Any guesses/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks you.

Sorry if this has been solved, I didn't see a thread.

EDIT: I have all of it installed on my HDD, my my OS and program data etc are on my SSD. is this my problem?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

once you install the steam folder no need to reinstall

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

how big is your Steam folder?
    You probably have to install soundsources update, patch update and software update

5. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

right, I didn't know what else to do.
    STEAM folder is 104 gigs.

6. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Okay if you only have Omnisphere then you can delete some stuff. You can delete the the .ISO disks. Omnisphere alone should be around 55 GB. And like I said you need to updated sound sources, patch and software. Here is a screenshot of Omnisphere updated (ignore the Trillan, Keyscape, Moog stuff):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

Right, I don't have anything under "satellites". I'll delete those ISO's. But explain like I'm 3, where do I find these updates? I only see one Updater (Step 2- Data Updater) , which I've ran twice now. I shouldn't keep running things, but I don't know what to do. Thank you for being responsive, by the way.

8. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

pm send

9. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

Okay, I ran those updates and got this error. Then booted into the same thing I've been booting into. It's got to be the way I'm doing it... I've figured out lots of plugins but Omni is getting me.

I just looked and realized I used 2.5.2d updates, and the version I have installed is 2.0.3d. Is that an issue?

Attached Files:

10. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

is that Fl studio, if so I think this error occurs if you have an too old version of Fl Studio. Try:
    Image-Line.FL.Studio.Producer.Edition.v20.1.1.795.WiN

11. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

I would need to torrent that, and get all my plugins and packs in, it will be a hassle. If that's the problem, 100%, I'd do it, but I don't know that it is. Guess I'll either take my chances or wait until I'm in a position to buy it... Thanks for the help. If you think of anything else it could be, let me know because I've seen videos of people succeeding with older versions than I have. Unless it was faked for views which is possible.

12. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

it should be 2.5 on all three updates; soundsources, patch and software

When you install the the software update one more time, install the vst to desktop then manually copy the plugin to your plugin folder and C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\plug-ins\64bit. Say yes to replace the file. Then do the patching all places again. By the way you have to use 64 bit Fl studio for the 2.5 version

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  13. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

Wow, progress! When I load it in, I get the same error from the previous screenshot, patch library requires a new version of Omni. But I click okay, load it, and some sounds work! I get sound from some. but most give me this error when I choose them, and work after. I guess this is because only some sounds work with my older version. Look at these screenshots- Updates are 2.5 and Omni itself is still 2.0. Weird, but progress.

Attached Files:

14. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

you are using 32 bit old version of Omnisphere (the 32 bit version of of the omnisphere plugin will not be patch with the 2.5 update). Like I said if you have 32 bit FL Studio or Windows 32 bit you cannot not use the 2.5 version of Omnisphere. So what version of Windows do you have and what version of FL studio do you use? Latest version of Omnisphere that supported 32 bit was the 2.4 update.

If you have Windows 64 bit and Fl Studio 64 bit you have to scan the 64 bit plugin folder: C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns

How to scan the 64 plugin folder in FL Studio:

1. Open FL Studio.
    2. In the menu bar, click on Options and select File Settings. ...
    3. Click on the folder icon located beneath the VST plugins extra search folder and select the install location of your VST plug-ins.
    4. Go to Channels > Add one, and select More.
    5. Select Fast scan (recommended).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  15. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

Damn. These are all things that I know, just didn't put together. I needed to scan my Program Data folder to find the 64 bit version, I was under the impression it was somewhere else. I think everything works, and that's only because you helped. You've been too good to me, thank you very very much. I will let you know if i run into anymore problems. Cheers man!

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

The STEAM folder that you have I think is missing files. I have have 174 GB with all updates.(Plus another 20GB in User Folder)
    Omnisphere 62.1GB
    Keyscape 79.2 GB
    Trillian 33.1GB

17. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

18. sheuges91

sheuges91 Newbie

Well I may not have those, but I have A LOT of sounds. I'm going to enjoy them for a bit before I try to mess around with it anymore.

19. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

cool, enjoy. When you say Program Data folder do you mean this folder: C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns ?
    If not copy the 64bit plugin (from program data folder) to that folder and scan that folder from FL Studio. C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns is the standard 64 bit folder where all your other 64 bit plugins will be saved

164GB, and my Omnisphere folder is 59,3GB but that includes Moog Tribute and some expansion

20. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Once it is running smoothly adding sounds is very easy and is not going to have any effect upon the proper operation of the software.