No GUI on a few plugins (Omnisphere 2.6, Geist 2 and all Pulsar Audio)

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by WizzDome71, Apr 25, 2020.

1. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

First of all I have to say that I have thousands (yes :dont:) of plugins installed on my PC, just to give you an idea... but only a few of them (unfortunately 2 of my favs) give me hard times to get to work properly.

- Omnisphere (from version 2.4 to 2.6) => NO GUI. I have to use version 2.2 but i can't access new features and can't use the latests presets
    - Geist 2 => NO GUI. I have to use version 1
    - All Pulsar Audio => NO GUI. I never could test these awesome plugins

I think the commun point with these plugins are that they use the latest VC redist from microsoft. Although I have it installed on my PC, it seems that there is something else going wrong...

Does it have anything to do with my motherboard card and/or my graphic card and/or my OS version (windows 7 latest service pack in that case)

As I don't feel like reinstalling all this stuff using a new computer or OS, does anybody have a clue of what i should do to fix that??

Thanks in advance for your help bros

-

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. VolkovV

VolkovV Ultrasonic

Update win 7

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Of all the ones that you mention, the only one taht wont work is the latest version of Geist. There is an update, which I posted on the Windows 7 thread that will fix the problem that you are having. I will try to remember it. in the meantime you can roam that thread and look for it. As a side note, make sure that your graphic drivers are up to date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

ok i'll have a look. thanks very much

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I agree. On the Windows 7 Thread I discussed why some updates are necessary. Users should not buy into the "you don't need to update or "the updates will slow down your PC" mentality. These blanket statements are horse shit. Those that tell you that, have no idea of what they are talking about. I don't promote downloading, and installing every single update. To the contrary, I promote installing updates that are necessary. An update is necessary if it will contribute to your system's proper operation, and/or improve its performance. These do NOT exclude security updates even if you are off line.

9. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

ok guys. i forgot to tell you that my cpu is offline. so i downloaded both packages (the right version, no doubt) but i got a weird message when i tried to install them
    "this update doesnt apply to your computer":suicide: i probably need other dependant updates before installing the ones that you gave me so it would be easier to just use windows update automaticaly

well..... i am so scared to mess everything up by putting this computer online with all these cracks...:facepalm:
    dunno what to do next. i'm not a pro or anti windows update, it's just that i never been online with this computer since i bought it

is there any way to block everything but windows update with my firewall??

thanks for your help anyway, i think ill end up fixing that in the next few days

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  10. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

did you try any of the links I provided? Your system is 64 bit right? And yes it is probably that you have to do a big update for those minor ones to work. If you have a legal version of Windows 7 I would rather just go online update and go offline again. But of course it could mess up some cracks. Not anyone is safe from that. So your choice is simple either use older versions of Omnisphere, Geist and Pulsar or update.

11. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

@Daskeladden yup i tried them but as i said i couldn't install them. my issue is bigger than I thought it would lol
    i think i will install a custom W10 provided here but i need some time cause building up a new machine from scratch gonna be tough considering the tons of vsts i have
    and i'll try thepirate's Omnisphere install on my laptop which uses W10 to see it it works and get an idea
    Many thanks to you two guys for your help

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. InHiding

InHiding Member

If your display adapter is using standard Microsoft drivers that's no good. I had similar issues with Gullfoss until I updated to manufacturer (Intel) drivers (on my laptop with a HD630 integrated graphics chip).

13. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

If you want to try something do this. Create a system image of your current setup. Update the shit out of it. Now, it should work. So what do you do? You decide if you want to leave it as is, update to Windows 10, or revert to early image and study each update individually before installing it. Keep in mind that the fact that Omnisphere is not working has nothing to do with your system being a W7 or W10. My main DAW system is on a W7 Lite and I have the latest Omnisphere installed. Omnisphere is not working as it should for you because your system is not properly set up. Did you update your drivers as I told you earlier?

14. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

not yet @The Pirate, been busy with my poll and chating too much lol
    And yeah making an image of my disk to be able to revert is a fucking good idea man. tyvm

15. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

16. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

i'll do these updates too. thx

17. dymek39635

dymek39635 Newbie

I removed presets from C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local\Pulsar\Smasher\presets and now it works

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List