No GUI boot found error message on each XLN Audio VST

Discussion in 'PC' started by DidierLePlug, Sep 7, 2019.

1. DidierLePlug

DidierLePlug Newbie

Hi everybody!

I recently upgraded my setup and got a new computer, so I just wanted to install my DAW and the plugins I was already using on my previous computer on the new one. I moved from FL 12 on a Windows 7 system to FL 20 on a Windows 10 system, and I managed to install and recognize all the plugins I was using on my previous system on the new one but the XLN Audio ones (Addictive Keys and RC-20).
    When I go in the FL plugin manager to scan the XLN Audio plugins dlls once I install them, I get an error box and when I try to run them I get another one pointing that there is "no GUI boot found", then the plugin starts but the graphics interface isn't working, so I just can't use them.
    I looked for a solution and found some threads about Addictive Drums users who are getting a similar error and who are talking about the library placer so I removed and uninstalled all of the files, then tried again considering this but I get stuck at the same point with this "no GUI boot found" error each time I'm trying to install RC-20 or Addictive Keys.
    I know that the problem isn't coming from my DAW because I get the same error when I want to launch Addictive Keys standalone version (black box instead of the usual interface), so I'm just thinking it comes from my system...
    If anyone has a solution or a similar experience, I would really appreciate to get some help on this!

Thanks
    (and sorry for my english if it isn't perfect, I'm not native :) )

3. freitag

freitag Newbie

I have the same Problem. I also bought a new Laptop. I installed the rc20 retro color and also got the same error message yesterday.

4. DidierLePlug

DidierLePlug Newbie

That feels so bad to get a perfectly working computer then not being able to use your old usual stuff :/

5. Ned Pedersen

Ned Pedersen Newbie

Same problem, No GUI boot found for Addictive Drums or Keys plug-ins after a PC repair and W10 reinstall. Same error message pops up when I open the installer, which leaves me clueless as to how to proceed. Sure would be nice if someone could offer a suggestion.

6. Lemmy

Lemmy Platinum Record

I´m not sure, but if I remember right, I´ve had this proplem with Addictive Drums long time ago.
    The solution was: start DAW with Adminrights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

had the issue here aswell sometime ago and @Lemmy is correct.
    that goes for other vendors besides XLN.

8. demberto

demberto Ultrasonic

I remember using RC20 crack on FL20 on Win10 without problems. Probably a win10 problem. Just try updating...

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

The problem is rather FL20 I think,the last 2 weeks we have seen many threads about FL20 not recognizing a plugin.

10. metaller

metaller Rock Star

There's an "AD_Library_Placer.exe" which lets you set the directory in that folder

11. Ned Pedersen

Ned Pedersen Newbie

To update my own situation: I returned to my initial download, extracted the zipped file and re-installed (drums and keys) using the included installer app. DAW rescanned plug-ins and the GUIs were restored. That seems a very straightforward solution to the problem.

12. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Rock Star

On a kind of related topic, retro color was accumilation 16 GB! in log files located in documents and settings On my pc.
    anybody noticed the same?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. demberto

demberto Ultrasonic

That's probably a bug in retro color