nine inch nails 'only' drums and acid synths

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Charzoid, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Charzoid

Charzoid Noisemaker

3. Cornflakes

Cornflakes Newbie

Lots of compression. Maybe a drum enhancer that doesn't use distortion Locness would be the opposite of what you should look for. The Red Zeppelin and Black Pearl drum kick is perfect for TDS sounding drums to bad I can't get it to run on windows for the life of me. As far as the synths in Only they don't really sound acid to me but there is definitely some kinda glide in all the synth parts from what I can tell(Maybe that's what you mean by acid, you have to take into account that he has enough money to modify the synths also, dump into a sampler... So on and so forth also back in the day you could pay to install portamento and glide into a synth so yeah). [With Teeth] isn't exactly an album I go back to for sound design. [With Teeth] is definitely the more normal off all his major releases(doesn't mean it's still not abnormal). Hopefully you figure it out. His song structure is also pretty normal in Only he often has his intro as part of the whole entire song. Believe me I use to find NIN boring. Now it's all I try... :suicide:. It's like Copy of A... If you think that opening arppegio is from a normal (stock) synth... Your crazier than Ted Bundy

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

That song was released in 2005. So was the Virus Ti, and it can do a very convincing job of a tb303 (acid synth) impersonation.
    And since they tour, the samplers are probably Akai. So, Access Virus, Akai S6000(s); final (guessing) answer. :)

5. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

He said it was a Moog Voyager. There's tons of vids and articles about the hardware he uses.

6. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

EZDrummer3 Tight Room on "Classic Pop Parallel Comp" setting for your Vdrum will get you atleast 90% close to Only drum.

Attached Files: