.nicnt vs .nkc & .nkr

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by tafelrunde, Feb 23, 2016.

1. tafelrunde

tafelrunde Member

why is it that some kontakt libraries, for example like the evolve or outputs, have this .nicnt format - which u can load very good in the left of kontakt and it stays there. BUT some like for example Wave Alchemy Mutate only delivers these .nkc and .nkr files? you can not load them in the left section of kontakt. So u have to load every single preset manual via "File - load" and go to finder and so on.

I dont like that. what have the producers in mind to create something like that? or is it, because it's warez?

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Two different things tafelrunde!

Kontakt libraries "born" with a nicnt. file are encoded by NI and need a serial to work in a valid version of Kontakt/Kontakt Player!

Kontakt libraries without a nicnt. file but only with the .nkc & nkr files are not encoded and doesn´t need a serial to work in Kontakt and can run as a demo in about 15 min. in Kontakt Player!

It´s all about money!! Developers pay NI per serial (afaik) so they´ll have to pay some money to NI every time they sell a single incoded library!

4. tafelrunde

tafelrunde Member

ah ok i see.. well so i guess there is no way to get the .nkr stuff in the kontakt player and switch the presets inside of kontakt. one must load each preset manual via finder, right? atm i m not sure if ALL .nkr and .nkc libraries work that way, but as far as i can remember, i ve never had a .nkr/.nkr library, which was able to switch presets inside the kontakt plugin window.

edit: well its really a luxury "problem".. just was curious why it is that way with the formats.. thanks

edit2: yea i found the way to switch to the next preset: just CLICK THE FUCKING ARROW TO THE RIGHT ON TOP. :>

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  5. miguel88

miguel88 Member

actually you can make that the libraries .nkr and nkc be on the kontakt library , check in google some tutorial I did before with some libraries which they didnt have support on that option,
    i left you here some video but have a lot on youtube

6. jonmoi

jonmoi Noisemaker

A sort of halfway point with the loading of non .nicnt libraries in to Kontakt can be done like this, and it saves you having to use the load option in Kontakt and then search for the specific .nki file to load.

Just put the non .nicnt library with its instruments and .nki files into its own named folder and put this named folder into the instruments folder that comes with Kontakt's own library.

Then, when you want to load a library just look down the left side of Kontakt for the Kontakt library and click on Instruments.

There you will see listed alphabetically all the libraries that don't have .nicnt files and you can then double click on the .nki file you want and hey presto its loaded, just like any other library.

For me, I find this a convenient way of keeping libraries all together and in a place where you intuitively expect them to be.