NICNT creator for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Apr 18, 2021.

1. funiras

funiras Newbie

Hey thx for the tool !
    I'm on macOS Monterrey (M1 Mac), using kontakt 6.6.1 and your tool but I don't see the library appear in kontakt, what can I do to fix this ? Can someone send me the link to FRED tool in DMs pls

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  2. Keith Kemper

Keith Kemper Newbie

Dude next time mention its for mac only!

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This is the Mac software section, you can see it in the second horizontal bar.
    When you arrive at one thread directly, typically from AZ, you should check the section

4. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Especially because there is a Humor section, too.

5. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

I do apologise for elongating this thread ever more slightly, but the latest iteration, while not crossed off indicating that it is a 32-bit/incompatible application (I'm currently using Monterey on a 2017 Intel based iMac), it does not even open besides closing after a split second-- not even a crash report to clue me in on to what could possibly be happening. Any ideas? Thanks ^w^

6. vayabahia

vayabahia Producer

How is it possible that I didn't know about this wonderful tool until today?
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

7. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

The programme refuses to launch regularly, even when trying to launch the internal execution file in terminal. Although, running the internal MacOS file within the application through terminal using the "sudo" command, it does launch the application as well as produce a wallpaper, but does not produce an NICNT file-- spits me out and gives me the following (the more complex one was with the use of the sudo command, the osascript one was the solo exec file; screenshots will be provided Screen Shot 0004-03-27 at 02.22.40.png Screen Shot 0004-03-27 at 02.19.25.png ). Although I had researched that certain audio plugins or other components can interfere (discovery being from https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/f37ybt/osascript_cant_open_default_scripting_component/)-- already exhausted that route to no avail, as some of the referred are unremovable (e.g. JavaScript). Another suggested that the whole system should be reinstalled, and I honestly find no reason in wiping the system just to have more organised Kontakt Thanks to any and all help!

Cheers!
    Mokusei~

8. harry6116

harry6116 Newbie

I need to thank you very much for creating this excellent software especially because it is totally Accessible for totally blind Mac users like myself.

I am extremely grateful to you.
    I need to thank you very much for creating this excellent software especially because it is totally Accessible for totally blind Mac users like myself.

I am extremely grateful to you.

9. seathasky

seathasky Newbie

This combined with the kitty scripts is a lifesaver thanks all involved! :like:

10. spncart

spncart Producer

Delete.

11. Vincencus

Vincencus Newbie

This worked beautifully - THANK YOU.
    I had to select 'create new nicnt file' for it to work for me. I had backups of all the original nicnt files so it wasn't an issue. It cleared up any possible SNPID issues.
    Respect

12. namdvili

namdvili Newbie

Good job. its works for me. (big sur / kontakt 6.7.1)

13. avenocturno

avenocturno Newbie

Hi, just arrived here searching for your always valuable help... I'm in a MacBook Pro A1502, Mojave OS on a WD NVMe drive. There was impossible to execute your app 'till been fixed through chmod x+ . Once the app is launched i can navigate to the libraries, once a library folder is selected the app closes without warning, the windows simply dissapears. I feel my system is damaged some way..., but everything else seems works flawlessly. I'm really lost about this. Another problem; i've got several libraries which has their own previously created (in Windows 10) .nicnt files but Kontakt does not see them at all... I've placed all those libraries -without .pkg installer- in the same folder that my other libraries are installed through .pkg (/Users/Shared). In Windows i use the famous AddLibrary.exe in order to let Kontakt "see" any library, zero issues 'till now; there's some similar app for Mac OS? Thx a lot in advance for your valuable time.:metal:

Attached Files:

14. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

@avenocturno

Hi there. I'm not sure that I fully understand your issues.

"once a library folder is selected the app closes" : Always the same library or any library ? Check that you have full access permissions to all the libraries on the disk on which these libraries are.

"I've placed all those libraries -without .pkg installer" : Why would you even need a .pkg if the library is already installed ? Things can differ from one library to another, but usually a library folder on the Mac would have a NICNT file (ALWAYS!), often a Wallpaper.png (but NOT always, sometimes it's embedded in the NICNT file), usually an instruments folder containing the various instrument presets, a Samples folder containing, you guessed it, the samples, either in .WAV files or more recently compressed in .nkx files and maybe a Documentation folder. If your library has not been added, my software can do it for you. It can also remove libraries cleanly. It can create an admittedly simple "placeholder" wallpaper file and a NICNT file if you're missing those. There are some very talented wallpaper creators on the sister site if you want something cooler !! To add a library, once you have sorted the NICNT file and wallpaper, click "OK" the software will ask if you want to install it, if it's not installed. This is in the documentation !!

15. avenocturno

avenocturno Newbie

@Fred_Bloggs

Thx a lot for your time. Well, yes, i've read the .rtf several times tryin' to be so accurate as i can, all the process dissapear when i select a library (the same in libraries with or without a previous .nicnt), there's no more gui images about the started process, neither in background, checked via activity monitor. I didn't tryed with the v2.01, i've just tryed through 2.0 beta; could be that mojave 10.14.6 isn't capable for the very last version?

I'm sorry, about the .pkg item; i refer to those libraries installed through .pkg, those libraries are obviously shown in Kontakt. I mean, in the same folder that the .pkg installs a library (\Users\Shared), i place the other libraries that i have, those which are not installable through .pkg. My english is very poor, excuse me.

Thx again!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  16. Fred Bloggs

I don't have a Mojave to hand to test on, but I've just run both 2.0ß and 2.01 on Catalina (10.15) and they work just fine. It might be a compatibility or a permissions/access problem on your Mojave.
    Not much I can do for now apart from suggesting you move to Catalina. I don't remember having any compatibility problems at all when I updated from Mojave to Catalina !
    Sorry. If I get hold of a Mojave, I'll try and test it, but until then, maybe other users who are on Mojave could give some feedback ??

17. avenocturno

avenocturno Newbie

Hi @Fred_Blogs, thx a lot for your attention. Look, i still don't know what causes this issue, by the way, the 2.01 version was well installed, not as the beta, later i've given full permissions to the whole shared folder in which my libraries are, given to each library too, but the suddendly closes of the soft continues after select any of the libraries. Later i've tryed through Kitty's script and everything went fine. The crazy thing is that i hadn't .png files for the wallpapers, and all the libraries appeared with their original wallpapers...., i don't undesrtand how it happened, but glad at least. I'll keep on searching for an answer to this issue on Mojave, i'm prety sure that's OS related to and by reading the full thread i'm sure your creation is a high tool. I'm still very comfortable producin' through Mojave, too much time achieving privacy, ultra low system consume of hardware resources and other topics. I'll post here when i find the answer. Thx again for share your knowledge and work!

18. CurryTheChef

CurryTheChef Newbie

Hello, I'd like to thank you for this fantastic tool. It works like a charm with Monterey 12.1
    But I have a silly problem that I'm encountering right now. My libraries are on an external drive, so I've chosen the library's path to be the external drive with the tool. When I open up Kontakt 6 from a DAW, I can see the libraries but when I try to load them, it asks for a path again. When I choose the library path of the external drive, there isn't a problem but it sucks to do it every time I load up a library. Is there any possible fix for this? Is it because the libraries are in an external drive? Maybe it can be solved with a symlink? I have no idea, any help is appreciated. Thanks again..

Edit: I found out that it depends on the library. Some libraries require path finding everytime, some don't. What could be the reason?

2nd Edit: Also some libraries can't be uploaded to the tool, it just crashed instantly. Like the: "Symphony Series Woodwind Ensemble Library".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  19. anonym323^

anonym323^ Newbie

Can someone help me ? I create the nicnt file for one of my libraries which didn't had any nicnt file and added it with an script which works with other banks without any issue but I still can't see the library in Kontakt.

20. Fred Bloggs

As I said… some NICNT files have the wallpaper incorporated in them…