NICNT creator for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

You're welcome :)

2. Aster

Aster Newbie

Hi Fred,

I just joined the site to say thanks for that software. I am using Mojave 10.14.6 and it works like a charm!!!!! You are genius!!!

3. Fred Bloggs

You are most welcome. Glad it works for you.

4. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

You made my life so easy ! I'm on Mojave 10.14.6 and version 1.0.1 works flawlessly

Thank you !

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  5. Fred Bloggs

No problem :like: Glad it helps you out.

6. thc013

thc013 Newbie

it is a very buggy tool , wallpapers disappearing wrong numbers , there are even better scripts for it

and is bad if you can't reproduce the common problems of your own app

7. Fred Bloggs

Not everyone has your problems it seems, but if you don't like it, throw it away ! You won't be loosing too much money !

8. santakaloz

santakaloz Newbie

I can't start it on 11.6. Even the icon is crossed over...

9. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

I'm seeing some thing on Catalina. It acts like the certificate has expired.

10. Fred Bloggs

I don't know what the problem is. I have just downloaded V2.0ß from my first post un-zipped it and ran it directly on my (French) Big Sur 11.6 and on a virtual Catalina without any issue ! See the attached screenshot.Oh, and the "barred" icon is normal! That"s what Kontakt's icon looks like !:rofl:
    1.png

11. DarkKnight

DarkKnight Noisemaker

Well as I mentioned months ago Fred, it hasn't worked for me since OS 11.4. So unfortunately I haven't been using your app since then. I'm just manually doing everything again (plus using Kitty's scripts). It would be great if you could take a look at this problem if you get a chance.

I reported the error I was getting back then, but I guess you missed it.

12. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

I'm happy to report it launches now for me on Catalina. I downloaded V2.0ß again and this time the app works fine.

Thank you

13. Fred Bloggs

Great ! Glad it works for you :):)

14. Fred Bloggs

Errrr… yup ! I think I missed it :dunno:.
    I'm wondering why you'd run the executable in the terminal :unsure:. There is a check in the software that verifies if it"s running on a retina screen, and corrects the resolution if it is. It calls Apple's own system profiler and the check looks for "Retina" in the returned screen profile. This is the ONLY place the word "Retina" appears in the software and it sets an internal variable "isRetina" to true or false accordingly. I do have a Retina screen and being a MacBook pro, I can't really remove it to do tests without it, but as I said, I'm calling Apple's routines for a yes/no answer. I can't really see that crashing the software. I'll see if there's a different way I can check for a Retina screen. I need to do this as the wallpaper displays at about quarter the size on a Retina screen if I use the same resolution of png file as for a standard display. I therefore display a wallpaper at about four times the resolution on the Retina screen even though I produce the png file at normal size ! Ahh the joys of programming :)

P.S. If you'd care to help me debug, perhaps you could tell me what :
    Code:
    system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType
    returns if you type it in your terminal ?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  15. Fred Bloggs

Version 2.0.1 is in the first post. I'm leaving V 2.0ß available just in case…

16. Cubbyguy

Cubbyguy Newbie

Fred, thanks for creating this. I'm wondering if you've run into issues where the file format is not supported. I'm trying to create a nicnt for Bolder Sounds - Fiddle V2. It's third party and did not come with a nicnt file. Your program created the file and added the wallpaper image, but when I add to Kontakt 6 (added using Kitty add library script), I'm getting "the file format is not supported or corrupt when choosing the instrument. All samples are in the correct folder (they are all ncw. files). Also, if you look at the image I attached, the lower left corner of Kontakt shows the format type. As you can see it doesn't understand what's happening.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Attached Files:

17. Fred Bloggs

I'm perhaps not the best person to ask about this as it appears to be a problem with your library itself. The very fact it appears in Kontakt at all shows that the NICNT is OK. Sorry, but I think your problem is elsewhere. Perhaps someone else here can give you some pointers.

18. Havakak

Havakak Ultrasonic

Great app! Thank you. I haven't tried it yet but as far as I see a snapshot from the GUI, there is a feature for previewing the wallpaper. If so, this saves a ton of time for adjusting the wallpaper right.

Thank you again.

19. VRX Dreamer

VRX Dreamer Newbie

Hi.

Thanks for this tool. It looks like it works pretty great. To be clare, is this tool supposed to make the NCINT file AND make the library appear in Kontakt 6 automatically?
    Has anyone tried it on Monterey 12.0.1? For some reason, Kontakt 6.6.1 WILL NOT display the libraries when opening. It's as if they just don't exist. I've tried quite a few different things such as editing the XML file. I'll try Kitty's method next, but just want to make sure.

A friend of mine has the exact same version of Kontakt, but they are not using Monterey. So the only thing I can think of is that the OS is somehow causing the issue. This is a new Mac, so maybe I have to change something in the security settings?

The libraries are a bunch of 8Dio an Sample Logic libraries, and I did load them by hand in Kontakt, so I know they work.

Thanks for any help you can give.

20. spncart

spncart Producer

If you're looking for what you described, Kitty's method is the only one method which gives a 100% success rate. Trust me, I've tried them all.

It was when I was on Catalina, then Mojave and now Monterey. Using M1 Mac.