NICNT creator for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Fred Bloggs, Apr 18, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

Has anyone found a working version of Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone for M1/Big Sur? Most of the librairies won't show later in Kontakt 6 in Ableton.

2. spncart

spncart Producer

Not working.

Attached Files:

3. Fred Bloggs

Fred Bloggs Platinum Record

The software creates a NICNT file and a wallpaper for you, if the library doesn't have one, similarly to Kontakted from Abyss, except that this is FREE and not $20 like Kontakted !

4. spncart

spncart Producer

Your stuff doesn't create the .xml file in Service Center, so it's not gonna work of course... thanks for trying anyway.

5. spncart

spncart Producer

It did create the NICNT file but it doesn't create the equivalent .xml file in Service Center, and even after I matched the number by replacing the "000" with your created SNPID number, it's still not gonna be added in 5.6.0 standalone and then in turn in Kontakt 6 in Ableton, so it might be free but pretty useless :))

6. Fred Bloggs

Did you read my answer ?? It's not what this software does!

7. spncart

spncart Producer

I did and didn't find any relevance in it. What is the point of creating a non-usable NICNT? I don't care about wallpapers lol I just wan't Kontakt librairies to open the way they used to under Mojave/Catalina.

8. Fred Bloggs

It depends on who is using it ! You could therefore say the same about Kontakted, but at least you didn't spend $20 on it !
    As they say… "Often the problem is between the computer and the chair !:rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

@spncart
    I have mentioned this issue above, with this NICNT creator you can't use the old Kontakt 5.6.0 to add library.
    Go to sistersite and search for:
    [FREE] Kontakt Library Scripts [KiTTY]

This tool solves this problem, at least. With this tool you don't need Kontakt 5.6.0 anymore for that adding purpose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Fred Bloggs

Yes. It's very interesting what Kitty posted. I'm toying with the idea of incorporating it and making a total creator/insaller. It could be an interesting project :yes:. Perhaps even incorporate SNPIDer and make one big Kontakt library handling app.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

Hey can someone point me to a "tutorial" for installing custom wallpapers for custom NICNT's? I used to do it years and years ago but I bet the process has changed.

12. spncart

spncart Producer

That would make my day! Finally an all-in-one solution, I would even pay for it a few bucks...

13. spncart

spncart Producer

It's amazing thank you for that, how I missed that on sister site...

I still have a problem installing librairies like PULSESETTER - DETONATOR RAGE that don't have a native NICNT, so I'm using NICT creator to get a NICNT first => then Kontakt 6 in Ableton sees the library but the library box is empty in Kontakt 6 and it says library missing... maybe because such librairies don't have a Library folder?

Still gonna investigate this and run a few tries on a number of other librairies.

14. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

KiTTY said that people can freely utilize and incorporate his/her script, just asks to be mentioned.
    Actually KiTTY's tool needs to be revamped, dressed with GUI, indeed.

SNPIDer has some issues that we have discussed previously.

You should think about making an app that is foolproof, easy to use and doesn't need tech-savvy involvement.

15. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

When you create an .nicnt file for a library that had none before, you need to know the following:
    - the library should have a main folder and in that folder should have an Instruments folder and in that folder you should put your .nki files (instrument patches). If you have .nkm (multi patches), create also a Multis folder next to the Instruments folder.
    Also it's nice to have the samples in a Samples folder, just to make it more organized but I think it's not a requirement of NI.
    - the .nicnt file needs to be placed in the main folder of the library. This NICNT Creator does this right for you.
    - the wallpaper.png needs to be places in the main folder, just like the .nicnt. This app also does it for you.
    Wallpaper can be embedded in the .nicnt file, you can find instructions about it on this forum but I think it's not necessary and not that obvious how to do it. Don't be bothered with that.

16. spncart

spncart Producer

Okay this is GREAT, so with all the librairies that already have a .NICNT by default (eg. FERRUM, NI AFRICA, HEAVYOCITY...) it's working PERFECT now.

BUT I still can't add librairies whose .NICNT have been created by NICNT creator. Maybe I'll try SNPIDer or Kontacted and it will work for those?

17. spncart

spncart Producer

Okay thanks for THIS! Let me try to this this now this way indeed...

18. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

You can also try the other NICNT creator by @strejda603 from here. You've already taken part of that thread.

Edit: I can confirm that the NICNT Generator by Strajda603 works with Kontakt 5.6.0 and you can even create an .xml file, too (in certain situations), but I think it doesn't save you from having to add the library anyway.
    Except with KiTTY's scripts tool.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  19. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

So, my advise for @Fred Bloggs is to try to utilize that template that Strejda603 also used. That one doesn't contain HU and JDX codes.

Now, I can't test them in Kontakt newer than 6.0.3
    If you guys can check it, that would be good

20. spncart

spncart Producer

You sir are a legend! This is the only (free) NICNT Generator working properly! Works perfect with all my librairies on Big Sur.

The reason is because Strajda603 creates perfect NICNT and XML files, with 3 numbers only!

Other generators fail because they often use more than 3 numbers for SPNID... @Fred Bloggs you should indeed stop using 5 characters as it prevents you generator from working.