NI Massive Never Stops Building DatabBase. Help!

Discussion in 'PC' started by popeye, Mar 23, 2014.

1. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

I bought a new 'puter and began installing all of my plugs without a hitch when suddenly, I noticed that Massive won't stop building its database!

Ater the long and awaited build, each time I click on anything, and I mean ANYTHING it lags for about 2-3 minutes then starts turning and churning all over again being unresponsive with each click......

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of 1.40 and precedent 1.30 - 1.31 and all of the above and below without success......

This happens on all 3 party presets but didn't happen on my old 'puter.........any help/ideas?

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/629-massive-vst-why-does-it-take-so-long-when-i-change-preset-folder/page__p__4827__hl__%2Bmassive+%2Bdatabase__fromsearch__1#entry4827

have you checked One Reason's way of resetting dBase? (about half way down the page)

4. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

also checkout my discovery here:

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/10693-new-ni-updates-slowing-down-kontakt/page__p__70638__fromsearch__1#entry70638

I made videos, I thing that's the main reason...

First you must open Massive and leave it open until scan finished... but you must turn of parameters shown in videos

5. Bonogoss

Bonogoss Newbie

Looks like a "Massive Attack" !!!! :rofl:

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

This is going to sound really weird but...I dreamt of this exact thread with this exact issue. :unsure:

Ummm moving on...always make sure to run Native Instrument products in standalone first because it can sort out a lot of problems. I'm a little freaked out, I have to go now.

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

So I had also this problem. But I think it because of the huge amount of MAssive presets. I have. I also have ~ 14000 presets for ni fm8 but there is not such a problem.

What the heck????

from your other post works.

Thank you very much Nikon.

8. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hello, popeye, hello, all,

experienced the same -> standalone left alone for two hours -> hard disk drive goes crazy -> ten thousand plus presets scanned -> standalone, plugin version, works flawlessly... *yes*

found one rather aggressive solution, when added some new bank, tested all the sounds, saved the likable things in some new presets folder (containing perhaps three hundred plus then some presets), zipped up the newly added bank, deleted the contents of the added bank, voila... *yes*
    repeated with all banks, there are now only the favourite sounds to read in, plus the sounds made by my own self, two folders, perhaps one thousand presets, nothing more, massive can start with some three minutes long, occasional, scan, then does its tasks without problems... *yes*

regarding the capabilities of fm8, one might think that two instrument from the same company ought to behave at least in somewhat similar ways, but... *no*

all the best... :bow:

9. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Thanks for all the help, guys.......this has been running me crazy! I had already tranformed all ksd's to their new format and now deleting all extra entries and rebuilding, wish me luck!

Ok, I change the 3rd party plugs directly to the "sound" directory which was quite a heap of 4.43 go.....and it works! The thingy still turns non-stop but when I click on things, it doesn't lag! I guess that this will have to do!

Big thanks to all for all the info.......I love this forum!

10. ballinthejack

ballinthejack Member

I'm still waiting. It's been spinning 2.5 hrs. Have about 70,000 presets at least. :rofl:
    Patience. Typical 'collector' problem. LOLGood luck!

11. alidonkaka6

alidonkaka6 Noisemaker

hi

However, I believe that is due to the large number of MAssive presets. I've done so. I have 14000 presets for ni fm8 as well, turkish citizenship

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022