NI Maschine Questions

Discussion in 'PC' started by Captain_Future, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Hi,

I have the ISO containing Maschine 1.0.0

I have Update 1.0.3

I have Update 1.1.0

I have Factory Content 1.1.0 (229MB, extracts to ~630MB - obviously just an update)

I have Update 1.6.2

Except Update 1.1.0, which only contains new binaries, the other installers all add/update content.

The Problem:

Since the updates are definitely not cumulative (i.e. Update 1.6.2 does not include the stuff from Update 1.0.3 etc) im now wondering whether there were any versions inbetween of what i have, and whether i could be missing the content/updates of them.

Can anyone who followed the development of Maschine from initial release until today shed some light on this?

I have installed the full package for the 1st time today so my experience with Maschine (and everything that has to do with it) is still very very limited.

Thanks.

3. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

I have the same updates as well. Your Content folder should be at 6.21 GB in filesize. But I remember I only installed 1.0, 1.0.3 to 1.5 then 1.6.2 versions.

4. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Unfortunately it confirms exactly what i was afraid of: I am missing a substantial amount of content.

Folder: Maschine Library

Size: 5.05 GB (5,429,919,016 bytes)

Size on disk: 5.08 GB (5,464,776,704 bytes)

Contains: 16,854 Files, 349 Folders

So Update 1.5 must have included about 1.15GB of content which i dont have. :/

And then there is still a chance that there were even more intermediate updates.

Wonder what would be the best strategy to get a truly complete package together...

5. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

here is a torrent for the full 6.75 gb library it says 4 because its compressed ;-)

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6405236/NI_Maschine_Mac_OSX_Full_Install_DVD

6. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Thanks.

Nice of you to post this, but i dont do torrents and the DL seems to be for MAC anyway.

In the meantime i have started a 1.5 Update Only download, and since im getting a whopping 100kb/s from that filehoster i should be able to run the installer in about 2 hours 15 minutes.

We will see what that does for my library contents.

(Assuming of course my modem can stand the strain. After all 100kb/s aint peanuts...) :blues:

7. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

Oh, and...anyone an idea whether Update 1.5 is cumulative?

Does it include whatever content updates/additions there were between 1.0 and 1.5?

Because if so i could save myself the effort of installing Update 1.0.3 and 1.1.0 Factory Content, which install insanely slow here for some odd reason...

EDIT: Now checked - its not cumulative.

Just in case anyone else is interested this info...

8. PumasNFatLaces

I think you're gonna have to..remember i didn't install 1.1 and i had 6.21 GB but he said there's like 6.75 GB file available so I assume that you have to install all updates for more content.

9. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

OK, i have integrated the contents of 1.5

But something is still bothering me...

I installed:

Full 1.0

Update 1.0.3

Factory Content 1.1

Factory Content 1.5

Update 1.6.2

I didnt install Update 1.5 because it only contained new binaries plus 1 FX and 1 Group file, all of which would have been overwritten by Update 1.6.2 anyway.

My Library folder is now 6.21GB

This seems OK but you said that you didnt install Factory Content 1.1, which, however, contains ~630MB worth of content which is not included in any of the other installers.

So youre absolutely sure that you didnt install FC 1.1?

Perhaps you had just forgotten that you did?

IMO this would be the only explanation as to why our Lib folders are exactly the same size now...

10. PumasNFatLaces

Yes I remember I actually downloaded 1.1 update later after the install. And it's on another hard drive so I know for a fact I didn't. Not sure why you got the same file size as me, given you installed 1.1......hmm.

11. PumasNFatLaces

The only other explanation is that updates 1.5 or 1.6.2 overwrites whats already in the library i'm assuming...maybe or maybe not. Because math-wise you should be @ 6.8 gb if the update in question is 600 plus mb.

12. Captain_Future

Captain_Future Newbie

No, ive checked that, thats why it confuses me so.

FC 1.5 does not overwrite any files from the previous installers (it contains new files only) and Update 1.6.2 does not even contain any content files except for 1 FX file and 3 Group files. (971kb)

Thats why if you really didnt install FC 1.1, i should now have the 2.21GB you have PLUS the extra 630MB from FC 1.1

Somethings definitely off balance...

13. PumasNFatLaces

That 630 MB missing file is the one that's gonna make us BOTH rich......LOL. It's a real mystery though. Anyone else in this forum know anything about this???

14. nick1980webb

nick1980webb Newbie

the library works for both pc and mac