Ni machine

Discussion in 'Software' started by Garageraver, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Garageraver

Garageraver Noisemaker

Hey guys,

i just got a machine mk1 from a friend dirt cheap only problem i dont have the software, he lost the dvd's he got when he bought it.
    So my question is could somebody help me with installing the machine software on my PC win7 64bit
    I have been reading al the threads but the more i read the more confusing it gets to me
    So, What machine should i install first ? machine 2.06 and then the latest version ?

And how do u get all the expansions working that have been posted here on audioz by organic?
    after the basic install 2.06 etc.. i should use the fix introninja made to get the expansions working ? or should i do this earlier in the process ?

Your help would be mcuh appreciated, i have asked an member for help but i dont get an answer back so i hope somebody would like to take their time and explain the process.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Garage-raver

3. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

are you on wndows?

4. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

You can install the latest version right away, read the R2R text. Expansions: On Win use the R2R releases.

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

I'm not sure on the windows side, but generally I would start with the earliest release and library, and work up from there, just to make sure you get incremental adds to the maschine library etc so that later iterations of programs won't be missing certain samples etc. I could very well be wrong on this of course, and perhaps the latest NI releases contain all... But I would think if you are starting with V2, I would download the V2 Library for sure, and you would probably be ok with the latest r2r machine 2 release, but I can't say for certain myself..... someone here may know better... (but if it is like the spectrasonics nightmare of updates etc... ug) OFF TOPIC: Anyone themselves or know someone recently BUY omnisphere or trillian? And does the install disc that comes in the boxed version JUST have the latest plugins and soundsources? or do you have to cumulatively update? Another member on here and I have been wondering that...

thanks!

6. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Thanks sisyphus, I forgot most people want the Fac-Lib ... neither can I say for certain if there would be missing samples / less sounds by taking the latest Ver. directly. Just can`t recommend the Fac-Lib, but thats me ...

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You should download the latest version available that doesn't have the word Update in it. Then you shownload the latest version that has the word Update in it. You install the first, then the factory library (a separate download I believe) and then update to the latest version. For expansions: if you're on Windows then you should download only R2R expansions. Mac you can use either R2R or other teams.

Omnisphere is all cumulative. The only updates available to new customers are the 3 newest updates for the Software, Patch and Soundsource updates. Just verified this with a new customer. What prompted my inquiry is I failed to accept that this is the only company that I've ever heard of that would put their users through a torturous incremental update process and it made no sense. Besides the answer I received from a legitimate install I have also done my own investigation and I am sure that this is the case now. *yes*

8. Garageraver

Garageraver Noisemaker

Thanks everybody that responded to my post.
    I have been away for a couple of days, so its now that i read all the comments
    thanks you for taking the time to answer me, it made installing maschine a breeze.
    really thankfull
    now its play time !!

Have a good one and once again thanks !!

9. eheavy

eheavy Member

The standard procedure is that in order for your friend to install machine and activate it he has to register it with NI. When he did this they save a copy of the original software and serial key in his account.

This gives you 2 options 1 ask him
    for his username and password so you can install the latest version on your computer and use his account to activate it. Or 2 have him email them and tell them to unregister it from his account this way you can register it in a fresh new account. But remember to tell him to write down the activation code it is printed by the product in his account. You will need it when you re register it.

10. Garageraver

Garageraver Noisemaker

He eheavy
    thanks for your input dude
    i knew this, but i read on the forums the expansions on audioz only work with cracked software thats the reason i choose to go this way