NI Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software' started by AB69, Nov 24, 2017.

1. AB69

AB69 Newbie

Just wanted to clarify some stuff regarding kontakt...

I am wanting to buy Kontakt and am looking to uninstall my cracked kontakt version. Is it as simple as following the uninstall guide on NI website and then just installing the new Kontakt?

When I install new kontakt, it will come with 43gb from its normal library. Am I able to install kontakt+libraries onto an external drive? Or Kontakt onto my laptop and the libraries onto an external drive?

Thanks.

3. mouse

mouse Member

You should be able to just install the legit Kontakt as it should just overwrite your existing. Install the libraries on the fasted drive you have or else loading might be very slow. External will work but will probably annoy the crap out of you with loading the bigger libraries. Also any non licensed libraries will cease to work in full mode. ;)

4. AB69

AB69 Newbie

What do you mean by non licensed libraries?

Will I be able to use cracked libraries from Audioz with my legit kontakt? Before I had a cracked version of Kontakt and sometimes certain libraries wouldn't load into it. I imagine this shouldnt happen with a legit version of kontakt?

Does the installer install kontakt first, and then allowing me where to install the libraries (onto an external) ?

5. tooloud

tooloud Guest

You won't ever be able to use cracked libraries again. Use legit Kontakt and they own you and you can say goodbye to every library unless you want to purchase it at full price.

6. AB69

AB69 Newbie

How come? I thought if you had a legit Kontakt you would be able to use any libraries?

Because right now I have a cracked kontakt and some libraries won't load where it says it's not found, or it says my kontakt version is too old.

7. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

legit will not play non legit libraries
    library not found usually means there is no ninct file, nothing to do with kontakt
    and you will need the latest to play the latest libraries, libraries made in 5.7 will not play in 5.6

8. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Maybe the best solution to this is for you to buy Kontakt right now and come back to me in an hour and see how you go authorising cracked libraries. There's a reason that people use cracked copies of Kontakt and it's not to avoid purchasing it. How old is too old? 5.6.6 is the most reliable version for Mac. There are some libraries requiring 5.6.8 but none of these make me want to dump my five terabytes of working libraries.

9. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

we won't be able to use cracked libraries on legit kontakt because legit kontakt use native access to register its library.

10. Bingo

Bingo Noisemaker

There is no such thing as a cracked library.
    A cracked kontakt can use any library.
    Legit kontakt can only use bought libraries.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. returnal

returnal Rock Star

KONTAKT is one of those bits of kit that I'm actually more worried about the legit version than the cracked version. Over the past few years I've actually purchased all the plugs I use, except Kontakt ... I decided instead to just purchase legit copies of all the libraries I use. I prefer the flexibility of cracked Kontakt - nothing to do with cost.