NI Kontakt edit password protected script?

Discussion in 'PC' started by dudemaster711, Apr 8, 2013.

1. dudemaster711

dudemaster711 Newbie

May someone tell me how to edit a password protected script for cracked Kontakt libraries?

I think I understand that kracked kontakt = kracked libraries, and I'm all set on that idea. Also, I think I understand that the torrents are supposed to be in decrypted mode for kontakt libraries, and we (as downloaders) are supposed to edit the script for the library file.

So, how do I edit the password protected script? I want to know because I get an error message saying I need to have a decrypted file to use the kontakt library when I try to import a kracked kontakt library in the kontakt 5...

Here's an image of what I'm talking about (torrent post image) kontakt edit libraries.JPG

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . notepad?

4. dudemaster711

dudemaster711 Newbie

Sorry but I have no knowledge of what editing a script in notepad would even be. What would I even be looking at and how where would I make the changes? Is it the .nki file I would be editing in notepad? I'm totally lost on how to decrypt something. I looked up definitions of crypted files and decrypted files, but I don't know how to do it for these cracked libraries.

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Open your installation folder and then open the documents folders, you should see pdf help files for Kontakt. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THROUGH THEM
    Basically the script files allow you to edit the settings shown in the gui for the library. Its a text document and it looks a little bit like a php file. Make sure you save a backup copy before playing with them. Look in the script folders.

You don't really need to mess with them if you are just starting out with kontakt though.

6. dudemaster711

dudemaster711 Newbie

Thanks it's all working now.

7. mastalogic

mastalogic Member

Hello. I'm also looking for this information.
    Once downloading an 8Dio library, I want to open up its script in script editor of cracked kontakt.
    How can I do that?