NI Kontakt driving me mad !

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hades, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hades

Hades Kapellmeister

Hi Guys
    I still have Kontakt 5.6.6 installed in Logic X . Today i tried to add the Session Guitarist Library with the stand alone .app of Kontakt. Seems that everything went fine but can`t find the Session Guitarist in the librarys !!?? This is driving me nuts ! I tried it again and it says " Session Guitarist already in the libraries ??
    Then i tried it with the 5.6.0 version. The same ? The i tried it with 5.6.6 with quickload. It says "The lib must be added with the add librarie button ....yak ..
    Maybe some good soul can help me ?
    TIA

3. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

It sounds like the actual Session files are not where kontakt expects it to be even though the lib has been added. Do you see an empty placeholder in the long lib list somewhere? If so remove the lib and re-ad it.

4. Aileron

Aileron Audiosexual

It may have to do with an interfering/conflicting registry key. Back up anything you may want to tamper with, then go under the hood and remove any Native Instruments registry keys mentioning the library in question. Remove, the re-add library as you normally would. Also first remove that library's entry from the [Contents] folder of Native Instruments registry section.

5. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

which one of the three? strummed acoustic? strummed acoustic 2? electric sunburst? because the last one requires 5.7.1

6. Hades

Hades Kapellmeister

That was the problem !! Its electric sunburst ...didnt know it requires 5.7.1. Thank you for the help ....to all of you !!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  7. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Glad to help.