NI Kontakt 6 Standalone doesn't launch anymore (Win 10)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nawhak, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Hi everyone,

As title says, something strange is happening now
    All was working fine but suddenly, with no particular reason I could focus on, standalone doesn't work anymore.
    No system window even pops to say the app encountered a problem while both VST2 and 3 still work great in my DAWs.

I've been using v6.6.1 by bobdule as well as his tool app for weeks now and everything was just doing fine
    But I don't think the issue is due to the release itself since I uninstalled it, cleaned registry with CCleaner, then installed latest R2R's with no more success.

I even downgraded to v6.3.0 by r4e that was perfectly stable and working well before I update the app but, still, everything works great within my DAW's but standalone remains inactive

I tend to think I did something wrong without even noticing it then I corrupted files or keys regarding the standalone.
    Or maybe it's due to Native Access... I don't know, I am some kind of a noob when it comes to get deep into computing and crack things

Just to mention, until I can find a solution, I'm back to v6.6.1 by bobdule now.

Thanks to anyone whom can help fix this

Cheers guys.

NWK

(Win 10, x64, v21H1)

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

you may have already done too much, for you to unravel this very easily. Utility programs like CCleaner can clean up a bunch of commonly found "problems", but the way some of these little check files are hidden they will not always be found with an automatic scanner. You will have to find out exactly what to remove , before you can really consider it "clean" to do a fresh install.

Let me ask you though, Do you have your DAW application and these plugins blocked at your firewall, but not the standalone? And you probably never use the standalone, if your DAW is open. just a guess. :)

4. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

Thanks for you time.

I often use the standalone version actually. More than the VST
    Both DAW and standalone are set to be blocked by my firewall (Eset Smart Security).
    Everything was working fine through this until now.
    I just blocked the whole traffic and/or the anti virus to try to launch Kontakt without having Eset possibly interfering but the issue remains the same

5. Nawhak

Nawhak Ultrasonic

All right, in case some would have the same issue, here's how it's been solved in this particular case.

The Kontakt standalone had partially set itself on my Realtek audio card, the "native" one built in the PC, but still half assigned to my actual RME card

As a matter of fact, it was creating a conflict within the standalone preventing the soft to start.

Switching off the RME soundcard allowed meto launch Kontakt and set it right.

Working like a charm, now.
    :wink:

6. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Same Problem here when using 6.5, suddenly standalone crashes, while vst plug is working.

even tried to use portabel version , same problem.

@Nawhak: can you explain a little bit more in detail how you fixed it ?

7. dydythug

dydythug Member

Did you find any fix ?
    Same issue with K7.3 Bobdule

works until you patch kontakt.exe with bobdule patch

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023