NI Kontakt 4 & IL FL Studio 10 Problems

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by JRoundtree, Oct 11, 2011.

1. JRoundtree

JRoundtree Newbie

Hello People,

I have three problems related to software installation and operation, the solutions to which current elude me.

First, after monumental struggles with the Native Instruments Komplete 7 package from both the ASSIGN (for the apps) and DYNAMICS (for the samples & content) groups, I have finally got to the point where nearly all of the samples from ALL of the instruments play over their intended ranges and articulations from an external MIDI controller, the last remaining problem is the inability of KONTAKT 4 to locate the IR files, and the PNG and TGA button images and controls which are installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4 directory in the \presets and \pictures folders. The situation with the \presets\effects\convolution\K4IR.nkx impulse responses can be remedied by manually searching for the folder, however the application SHOULD be able to automatically find its requisite files. Besides, that solution is not persistent across sessions.

Curiously, this problem manifests itself only with the entire Kontakt Factory Library and its subdivisions, no other libraries are affected. I further note that during the installation of the ASSIGN release the process stops due to the installer failing to install the MS Redistributable ATL library, nevertheless I do locate this file within the E:\Users\<My Account>\AppData\Local\Temp directory, manually install it, and proceed with the ASSIGN install to completion, ... is that the problem? I have included screenshots depicting this situation.

This shows how the image buttons do not appear, neither in the instrument page nor...
    [​IMG]

in the options page.
    [​IMG]

These images show that not all pages in the Instrument Edit View are adversely affected. Only the instrument and options tabs of the Script Editor page. All the others pages such as the Instrument Option, and the Wave, Group, and Mapping Editor, are unaffected.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second, I have successfully installed the Sept 10th 2011 AiR? release of Image Line FL Studio XXL Signature Bundle Complete v10.0.8 logged in as an Administrator on Windows 7, and under that account it runs fine as a Producer Edition but under a restricted account it comes up as a Demo Version. Now I am wondering whether the Registry Edits file, All in One Image-Line FL Studio 10 Signature Bundle XXL.reg needs to be applied while also logged into this restricted account. I have not done this pending the advice I get from this post.

Granted this a rather lengthy missive but I'm trying to be complete in my problem description, I would appreciate any attention given to the issues described here.

Thank You,

JRoundtree

3. cyberluk

cyberluk Newbie

Buy it! I have FL Studio 10 and Kontakt 4 + Kontakt 5 works for me. FL Studio issues are solved easily at their forums plus there's a couple of Youtube videos about setting Kontakt with multiple outputs etc.

You live in Washington D.C. and don't have a couple of bucks? What about people from post-communists countries then :-D :-D :-D ? Don't even write here, if you don't know what to do with .reg file - again this is in FL Studio account's page and documentation.

This forum is not for warez. Read the rules!

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

O.K. this is an easy fix. First of all you should update Kontakt to the newest version and then use the regtrick to get your library to show properly. Check links below if you do not understand what I'm talking about. @ Cyberluk.... Your response was pointless. It had absolutely nothing to do with the O.P. problem. The rules say nothing about posting problems about warez only that you can't post warez. That is what AudioZ is for. Maybe the rules should also include: " Do not post stupid pointless responses"

Check these links:

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/716-how-to-add-kontakt-library/

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/618-save-kontakt-library-activations/