NI Guitar Rig Presets for Vintage Comps + Solid Mix

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Jessycd, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Hi !

I had a hard time making Guitar Rig 5 to work, now that's ok, but no presets for Vintage Comps + Solid Mix Series ! (These are the only things I wanted to test lol)

I tried this method :

1) Go to HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 5/Demo DB and copy those 3 files.
    2) Go to HD/Users/Username/Library/Native Instruments/Guitar Rig 5/Database and overwrite the 3 files there with the ones you copied.

Now it looks "better" the VC and SMS appear in the Browser Page (Before that they were only in "Components")

I installed the fix too of course !

So if anyone got a solution for those presets only, please tell me !

Or if someone can send them to me !

Thank you :)

Ps : I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Logic up to date

3. biohazardzero

biohazardzero Newbie

cause its only included in komplete 8 ultimate. so you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

presets for a comp? It should be self explanitory. Attack, release, threshold, and some sort of makeup gain :dunno:

Not familiar with the NI interfaces but all comps have very similar controls

When I work with comps I start with the attack and release set fast and slowly roll em back till i get the desired effect :wink:

5. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

when i first started i was hella new-be i thought that presets were some kind of magic solution and i was alway's looking for the next grate plugin and i would tell my self this ones going to work it going to make my stuff sound professional and it never happened until i actually learned how to use them every song is different sonically so there is no magic preset bru'' you just have to learn the science of it :grooves:

6. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Yep I'm actually learning the science of it ! Lol

There's some plug-ins I can use easily with no presets, but some other ones don't "talk to me", I can't start from scratches !

That's odd because every comp has the same parameters ! I'll try your way subGENRE thank you :)

Ok BioHazardZero ! I'll remember ! Thanks ;)

7. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Jessycd,

As I just missed you in this forum, check your AudioZ PM Box ! *yes* :wink:

8. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Guitar Rig CompressorsHere http://audioz.info/audio-software/pc/37203-download_native-instruments-compressor-updates-2012-pc.html

9. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

Yeah thank you bro :mates:

That works ! I had to run my official stand alone version of Guitar Rig for it scans the presets, then open my DAW, and... HALLELEJAH ! :wink:

If by any chance you got the Solid Mix Series too, that would be cool if I can abuse of your kindness ! Or anyway that's already very very nice !

Thanks again :bow:

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-guitar-rig/vintage-compressors/?page=2197

11. biohazardzero

biohazardzero Newbie

i think what we need is the installer for mix series that comes in the ultimate komplete release. i know there was one floating around out there.