Nexus2 Expansion: EDM

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Evorax, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

[​IMG]

3. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Sale? It's all master keyed.

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

you mean a loop ?

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

You mean about my signature text? Amsterdam opened a topic a while ago saying that he has some expansions for Nexus (for an older version i guess). Anway, as far as i knew, Refx allowed re-selling of their products but you had to inform them first or stuff like that. I guess that Amsterdam already did that. :dunno: I really have no idea. All i tried was to help.

6. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

yes refx make a new protection for him expansion (Master Key) since 1 years the goal was to fuck dop the sharing expansion bet win nexus 2 (legit user) the problem is the price of etch expansion are too much (55 euro),i personally stop buying expansion for nexus 2 special for this kind of expansion and sounds cause i can have better on other plugin like : Spire / Sylenth1 / massive so stop that shit and make some think unique or original cause all the presets he do it's re-make sounds already use in all top 100 beat port 5 month ago, i think if this company don't change his strategy it will be killed by Spire and other plugin ;)

7. clamz

clamz Newbie

wish they'd crack nexus 2 and all the expansions already

8. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Was just a question. I'm not the avid Nexus2 user. I was curious, but now I'm aware.

I don't like Sylenth1 nowadays. It's just me, but I feel I can "hear" it so distinctively, like some us who can automatically tell a Nexus Preset. Spire is indeed in my top 5 these days. Along with Massive, Omni, luSH.... and Circle.

9. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

About Spire, i was asking it myself too, listening to his amazing factory banks : what Nexus can add to the equation ?

In fact, it is not so evident.Nexus being a ROMpler, sound generated is already processed (layers,compressor, EQ...) at patch creation stage. You can play a patch created with an hardware modular run inside a tape...and Spire can't do anything against this.

But compared to most Nexus presets based on that "Virus like supersaw trance sound", Spire is already "fresher" than almost all Nexus patches.
    My favorites Nexus patches are user patches, pushing Nexus in the industrial-cyber-goth. Using the same samples :wink:
    Nexus main trouble is being virus/trance/super saw oriented, whereas it can do much more. When you base your sells on trends, it is hard to maintain interest.

I will probably don't care anymore about Nexus when i will be familiar with Spire :wink:

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I love Spire too. It's amazing and you can work pretty fast with it once you learn it. Now I do all the sounds i want from it, especially the vowelling monster leads & basses, even the stuff from this "EDM" Nexus expansion.