Nexus Sound dropping out - please help

Discussion in 'PC' started by ericuk, Sep 13, 2011.

1. ericuk

ericuk Newbie

Hi guys,

First post of many. Came here from the place where people share stuff ;-)

I have nexus with a load of the new soundbanks (many new ones don't work). Since Updating and importing the new sounds, I suddenly have noticed the sound level drops significantly; even with original and older soundbanks.

Does anyone have a fix for this or is it just a case of backdating my version of nexus?

Thanks

Eric

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

AFAIK the newer expansions dont work with older versions... or at least the newest cracked version.

4. saucetar

saucetar Newbie

I had the same problem you had, you probably tried to install the newest Nexus patches on an old version of Nexus. I don't know if you have a backup of the Nexus Content folder if not you might want to delete the "Data.ndb" in the Nexus content folder and reinstall Nexus. If you had a backup you could have just put the old Data.ndb in the folder and all the old patches would work again. I think when you install the newer patches on the old Nexus it updates the Data.ndb and basically renders it useless. So delete the new patches in the Nexus Content\Samples folder (and presets folder if they're in there) and replace the Data.ndb and everything should be working again.

5. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Yeah many of the new expansions need Nexus 2.2.1 to work, but this hasn't been cracked yet, only 2.2, you can use the older packs.

6. ericuk

ericuk Newbie

thanks folks, I thought this would be the problemo.

I now have a new issue in that I deleted some install folders, trying to tidy my drives and somehow deleted all the standard sounds like the "plucked" and "piano" folders.

You know what... I think it's time to strip it back and sort the whole lot out! lol

7. ericuk

ericuk Newbie

this is killing me... now it's saying NO CONTENT and have i received my dvd... I've got all the files needed... I have no idea how it's gone so wrong.

Is there a magical place I can put all the files to make it all better again? :-(