Nexus Problem Mac/Win

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by k1bran, Jan 5, 2022.

1. k1bran

k1bran Newbie

Hi, I have a problem ...

I produce music with my partner who uses Windows, while I use mac.

When I create a project with nexus version 3.3.7 (mac) and send it to my partner who has version 3.3.9 (win) once they send me the project, in all nexus I check the "int" preset ... what I do?

PS. obviously we both use a legitimate studio one with the same versions

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

obviously you can't open because your partner is using newer version of Nexus. In most cases, newer version of plugin almost always capable of opening the older version preset, and older version almost always can't open the preset written by newer version of plugin, even if he/she didn't touch the setting, once it's open on newer version of the plugin and re-saved, it's gone. The second reason is, Nexus presets got a lot of protection/security updates since the 3.3.7.

4. k1bran

k1bran Newbie

Thanks for the answer ... So in theory we can't do anything

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

- you can update your nexus to 3.3.9
    - your partner can downgrade his nexus to 3.3.7
    - you and your partner can install latest version of nexus (3.5.0 as Ii know)

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

you could record the nexus track into a wavefile or copy the notes to a midi track and ask for a txt file with the name of the preset and expansion, and a slight description of the tweaks

7. k1bran

k1bran Newbie

about the version there is no 3.3.7 for windows, nor 3.3.9 for mac .... the only thing is to freeze everything but it involves a lot more work ... thanks a lot :(

8. Talula

Talula Rock Star

you are use pirate versions of nexus,right?

9. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

You should bounce tracks when collaborating with different projects and musicians, especially when it comes to instruments. Also because one of you is probably using a pirated version

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

There is always Boot Camp Assistant, which allows you to install windows 10 on a mac! It might not be a perfect solution but it is most definitely a workaround.

11. statik

statik Audiosexual

i'm trying it with playonmac, install audiogriddersever and a windows vst in a bottle and hoping to connect audiogridderserver to the plugin in osx, not sure if it's gonna work or not but can always try, i have seen posts of people doing this through a vm

12. Talula

Talula Rock Star

try to save instrument presets as fxp (use s1 plugin wraper). then on oother machine load nexus as instrument and then load presets (saved fxp). this type of preset file - fxp - contain only all parameters of plugin and maybe this will help you.

13. statik

statik Audiosexual

the music you're making should be worth all the work you put into it, no matter how much more work you have to put into it to achieve what you want, as long as you are satisfied with what comes out of it. FE a band called organ donors worked for nearly (or maybe even more than) 10 years to complete their next album. i, myself, have been working for over 10 years as well to complete my next album because i want it to be a worthy follow up of my first published album (and because that distracting thing called life keeps interfering )