Nexus Libraries Are Empty

Discussion in 'Software' started by hdxmula, Feb 23, 2020.

1. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

The stock libraries are working, but the ones I exported into the content folder are empty. They are showing up in the VST, but there are no sounds in them. When I choose to import them manually, Nexus shows that they have been imported, but the libraries are still empty.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. I cant say it means much to me though.

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

The thread may not be very well formulated, but op is obviously looking for an explanation and or a solution.

5. GianaSister

GianaSister Producer

TEAM AIR version ? are u on win ;,,did u install soft elicenser from air ?

6. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Are you using the REFX cloud utility? That's how you download and install expansions (assuming you are a legit user). If you do then maybe open a support ticket.

7. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Clearly this is an issue I'm having and am trying to get some insight on. Why take the time to make a pointless comment?

8. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Exactly lol, I'll never understand why people take the time to make pointless comments.

9. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

ok lets see if i can help here
    im legit nexus 3 user, and when i purchased nexus 3 only without expansions
    i thought of moving the expansions and presets that i have manually
    but it didnt work (nexus 3 doesnt have that system/desktop loading for expansions anymore
    and i did write them about it and they gave me straight answer which is :
    @hdxmula if you are legit then you should know how
    everything goes through that nexus cloud for installing the expansions and theres no workaround method as its accept only official expansions ,and nexus 3 dont accept other 3rd party libraries
    those were their answer,i so i downloaded the expansions again (went for x-mas offer and got the cheap ones first )
    ( its a shame i cant use my own old presets i made from v2 though but thats okay)

if you are using that ancient v2.2.0 from team air ,those expansions can be loaded through system/desktop
    and it will load whichever compatible with v2.2.0 (and any early expansions got patched with it)
    and some presets has to be located manually from those 3rd parties presets to your current nexus located folder
    so it will appear (presets should be be copied/pasted to presets folder and samples copied/pasted to samples folder
    if you are talking those presets/samples from 3rd parties
    make sure everything is placed in its correct location otherwise it wont have a sound like your case

good luck with your nexus next big hit :winker:(i have to put that here :rofl:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I thought you were making a statement as opposed to asking a question, because I read what you said a couple of times and saw no question there!

11. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Lol I get the sarcasm, I guess I just can't relate to people wasting their own time to click on and comment something irrelevent. Browsing audio software help forums for fun has just never been part of my day lol besides I thought that's what Reddit is for :)

12. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Thanks for your insightful answer! The expansions are all listed as 2.2. When I load/import them with the desktop or import data option, it tells me the import was successful and the expansion shows up in the library section and also shows up in the expansions section under system, but the libraries are still empty.

13. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

@hdxmula
    if your presets were installed successfully but has no sound (and no error msgs ?)
    im sure it installed in wrong folder ,and nexus browser is reading the presets name only but the sound off because its not the correct folder

you need to locate the nexus install folder and install your presets INSIDE the nexus installation folder
    (if i remember correctly its 13GB folder)and when i downloaded nexus 3 last month it automatically located v2.2.0
    folder at my external drive and installed everything there but it rejected all presets as no sound when i click on them

if things didnt work well then you have no choice but reinstall everything (and this time let it go to selected external drive
    and install everything in 1 folder dont move presets out that nexus folder

good luck brother

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

@Xupito and @Sylenth.Will.Fall
    There are post where off topic comments doesn't mind, and others where they are an obstacle to op's request.
    In this particular case it's the second.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

It's strange, I know I'm using the right folder becuase when I remove the stock libraries they no longer show up in Nexus and when I put them back they work fine. I downloaded a couple of free expansions and put them in the folder and they work fine, it's just the official expansions that show up but the libraries are empty. I'll just try a clean install. Thanks again for your time and help!