Nexus issue

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by TentacoloViola, Oct 20, 2021.

1. TentacoloViola

TentacoloViola Noisemaker

Hi! I'm trying to open some old projects using S1 5.2 that used Nexus 2 patches.
    Currently I've installed both Nexus 2 and 3 and their dll's have different names and paths, but S1 loads Nexus 3 all the time when I need the v2 to be loaded.

How can I fix this issue?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I would try this: Load Studio One and create a new song with the name Nexus 2,
    then you look for the Nexus 2 version in the instrument browser and then save it.

Can you post the two .dll here, copy the name correctly. I only installed v2, I deleted v3.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  4. TentacoloViola

Thanks for your reply.
    It's a issue specific for this bunch of old projects of mine (created with a previous S1 version), recent projects where I used Nexus 2 are correctly opened. Thus probably there's something wrong in the .song files that creates this conflict.
    It should be sufficient to extract the .fxb from the .song file and load them in a fresh Nexus 2 instance to solve the problem, but when I do this I get the "this is not a Nexus 2 preset" error :(

The dll names are Nexus2.64.dll (jBridged for a 64bit host) and Nexus3.39.dll

5. statik

statik Audiosexual

temporarily move the nexus 3 dll and then open the project

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. TentacoloViola

Yes, that worked. I just wanted a clean solution instead of a hack, but who cares? :)

Have you seen my other thread related to Ozone? That seems a bit harder to solve...

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @TentacoloViola, * .FXP stands for preset / *.FXB stands for sound bank).

I can only say how I did it.
    I have "Sonar - Platinium 64 Bit" and the Nexus 2 is bridged automatically."Image Line - FL Studio" is also automatically bridged.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  8. TentacoloViola

Yes. In the .song files created by S1 a FXB is created for every plugin used

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please save is also as * .FXP. And / or export as VST2 preset / export as VST3 preset.

[​IMG]

A file with the FXB file extension is an FX Bank file used with VST-compatible (Virtual Studio Technology) software to store effect presets, often called patches. The FXB file contains a bank, or group, of presets that can be loaded into a VST plugin. Single preset files are saved as .FXP (FX Preset) files.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021