Nexus GUI disappeared in StudioOne

Discussion in 'Software' started by shortikno, Mar 27, 2020.

1. shortikno

shortikno Member

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't seem to find it in my search. :dunno: I recently upgraded my Win7 x64 PC to Win10. Everything went smoothly without any issues. All my sessions opened fine and have been up and running for a few months now with no complaints (StudioOne 4.6.0.55605). Yesterday I opened up an old session to bounce stems and everything went well. Today I happened to open Nexus (haven't used since upgrade obviously) in S1 and it showed just a black gui. Sound still came through it though. I opened up the same old session and checked the Nexus instance in that song. It was playing (the piano patch) as normal. But when I opened it, black gui. I uninstalled and re-installed the newest version of jbridge (1.74 I believe) and re-bridged it from scratch. Still no change. Black gui. Anyone have any ideas or fixes for this? If I haven't used Nexus in this long, I probably can go without it at this point. But now my engineer brain is puzzled and wants to find the answer. :( Any ideas?? I really appreciate it

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@shortikno Switch among the available video cards. Better yet, disable one at a time and see if that fixes it.

4. shortikno

shortikno Member

Thank you so much for the reply. I have only one video card under display adapters in my device manager. Am I missing something somewhere else perhaps? I tried to install 2 brand new video cards (NVidia then AMD) about a year ago both to no avail. They both gave me SUPER audio latency issues so they both got returned. I am still using my built in video card (ATI Radeon HD 4200). I definitely have the newest drivers installed. :dunno:

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Ok. Before you go crazy with this issue, go to the JBridge settings and experiment with checking the options like Sluggish GUI hack, Switch to separate GUI Mode, GUI always on top,Force Child window clipping

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  6. shortikno

shortikno Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!:wink:

Here's what I had to do. I checked jbridger site for info. Turns out I needed to run my DAW as an administrator first (I stopped doing this when it disabled drag and drop). Then I could get to the plugin settings and checked the gui hack. Now i can run my daw normally and it works. Very appreciative thank you again!

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I am glad i was able to help you solve this problem which I know it is a recurring one with jbridge. Sooner or later someone else will have the same problem.