Nexus FXP

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mostwest, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

guys anyone knows how to install fxp patches in Nexus correctly? I correctly installed Expansion (nxp) but seems Nexus doesnt find fxp files. In Studio One i can drag the fxp and it loads, but in FL how can import them??

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Mostwest,

Within 'FL Studio', you must to use the following procedure to be able to 'Load', 'Save',... your '.FXP' and/or '.FXB' (Steinberg proprietary Format 'Presets' or 'Banks') :

[​IMG]

First, Click on the 2nd Button in the upper left corner of your VST Plugin Window (in your case : 'ReFX Nexus') (upper left red arrow), then when done, you can use the bottom left button ('Load preset/bank') (bottom left red arrow) to have access to the 'Window Menu' to locate within your HD your desired '.FXP' & '.FXB' Soundsets to be loaded (right red arrow), and voilà ! *yes* :wink:

As you can see it, you can also 'Save' your '.FXP' & '.FXB' ('Save preset', 'Save all as preset',... ).

When your Preset/Bank is loaded, simply Click once again on that 2nd Button (upper left corner), to go back to your VST Plugin own GUI... *yes*

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Thanks brother!

5. TerribleTheuns

TerribleTheuns Newbie

Does anyone know how to add .fxp presets to Nexus 2 on a Mac? I have downloaded a whole lot of user-generated Expansions from the internet, but I can't add them.

6. clubnavee

clubnavee Newbie

I hear you are supposed to add them to the [Nexus Content] folder in [Presets] subfolder directly. If this step was done: To hear them correctly (since they are user-generated) the actual expansions that are related to the presets definitely have to be installed. Silent presets means the .nxp expansion is not installed.

I am happy just solving the "Internal Error" when trying to import .nxp files by way of right-clicking DAW's application shortcut/executable and selecting Run as administrator...then loading NEXUS 2 > sys > import data...works like a charm!