Nexus 4 NKS Folder missing

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by AurelT, Aug 10, 2023.

1. AurelT

AurelT Newbie

Hi friends,

I installed Nexus 4 on my Mac the other day, successfully, but the NKS folder was absent. I created it as I installed some new expansions that weren't part of the original installation and that had the NKS folders, but that's the only ones, and the result is that I have no sound preview on any preset (not even those I installed manually copying the preview files).

Where could I find the actual NKS folder?

Thanks!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I have an s49 but I do not fight with it about these things, because I do not install VST3 plugins. But if you go to the User Manual for N4: https://refx.com/nexus/manual/4. skip down to the portion Configuring reFX Cloud Settings and Installation Paths
    it shows the option in reFX Cloud app Settings Tab, Options to install NKS support and it goes on about migrating from old versions, installation of n4, etc. I do not remember ever seeing these menus or options, but maybe they are available to you during initial install process. Maybe this is covered in the long thread about this, but if I had to bet i would go with this isn't going to happen.

4. AurelT

AurelT Newbie

OK Thanks a lot for your reply.
    The same thing happened to me when I installed N3, and someone just sent me the NKS folder his had on his computer (that he himself had gotten from someone else because he too had the same issue while installing) and right after having copied it to my Nexus folder all the previews suddenly worked, hence my hoping here I could do the same...

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Someone commented this: "The NKS, Presets and Samples folders belong in the Library location designated in the settings.JSON. Along with the Arp Presets, FX Presets...etc folders. Place the content of other expansions into these existing folders."

I have not tried it yet, but the user manual definitely makes it look like the cloud app is needed. I only use AU plugins in Logic. Maybe you could edit it to look where you have placed the files you moved around and get it working without the files from cloud app (or elsewhere). Just make a backup of the .json first.

6. AurelT

AurelT Newbie

Thanks again, You may laugh but this is a bit too advanced for me haha, my few experiences fidgeting with important files resulted in terrible consequences, backup or not.
    Oh well I asked, I have N4 working and I'm happy, the previews are very convenient but I can use it without them then :)

7. Neurotek

Neurotek Newbie

The standard installation folder on a PC for any of the reFX products including sound banks is...

C:\Users\Public\Documents\reFX\NEXUS library