Nexus 3

Discussion in 'Software News' started by demberto, Nov 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

[DELETED]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

so is it still a rompler or is it updated to an huge synth ?

3. Polomo

Polomo Guest

If I understand it right it's a Synth engine but You can't change anything except the effects
    So I behaves like a Rompler

4. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

NEXUS 3 are a pure scammpler!
    You buy & pay for a perpetual license, but you get scammed from reFX.
    The only one thing you get, are a one-month valid "SUBSCRIPTION LICENSE"!!!
    You have to be every month ONLINE to renew the license or NEXUS 3 will STOP working.
    I'm a legit Nexus 2 owner, aside the shitty small GUI I'm contented with it.
    But the new shit called NEXUS 3 invented by some mentally ill control freak from reFX are for me absolute No-Go!
    I really don't understand how people (stupid lemmings?) pay money and accept such a fraudulent copy protection.
    In my opinion I have only one to say about NEXUS 3, FUCK YOU!!!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  5. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

Dr. Greedy Vulture?

6. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

indeed...fck it....thx for clearing

this and roland cloud

7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Really .. OMG...
    I never knew what Nexus was because it was never cracked.
    From all the crying and bragging and fighting i thought it must be the best synthesizer ever made.
    Now i am shocked to learn it is a rompler.
    I like to tweak presets but I have nothing against romplers.
    So is it the sounds that made it "great"?
    Or something magic about the interface that made it easier / better for finding sounds?
    I guess now I will finally read a little about it...

OK, it looks like a nice interface with Librarian/browser, ARP/Sequencer, FX racks...
    So I see some people complaining about the small interface on version 2 ...
    Well the truth is, nearly ALL VSTi have pathetic interfaces / browsers, considering the state of computing.

It has ALWAYS been this way... the music creation world is the LAST to benefit from the technology.
    Bragging about 20 Meg memory on $5,200 hardware synth, or a recorder with 5 Gig internal hard drive ....yes! for ONLY $3,500!!
    There was a game in Windows 98 that included a virtual daw, and it kicked the ass of every DAW ever made even now...

All the tech went first to games and now it goes first to phones....
    The slow drip ... drip... of technology slowly implemented in the music world is torture for money.
    Don't give them power, sell them "An experience!"
    Don't give them logical surgical precision, sell them "creative!"
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So why do I not feel guilty about cracked stuff.
    I paid for my hobby pre-2000s.... Never again :bleh:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I do not play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

I don't play with words. I use them accordingly. And by the way, you're back to square one. And finally, i don't have to put any name on anything. That's on you as you try to find a fault in my reasoning.
    And just to mention, you have to generalize to be able to elaborate on your thoughts while keeping in mind that exceptions are inevitable. Not convinced? try the other way ... Try to express a concept and in the meantime, individually adapt it for each people on earth. Good luck with that sir...
    Merely saying "you can't put all german businessmen in one bag" does NOT make you a thinker, you're just stating the obvious. It's called a truism.
    Désolé Olymoon mais c'est comme ça. Il y a quelques années j'étais modo pour un site de pensée critique alors côté chasse aux sophismes ça laisse des traces forcément.:yes:

10. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

the latest plugin updates of both Nexus 2 and Massive to Massive X proves the same: when you got a great plugin, companies can only screw it up

11. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

I repeat:
    It's insulting for German business men, and it's not allowed here.
    Dot.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

[DELETED CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WTF'S GOING ON]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  13. odod

odod Rock Star

anyway there's a guy selling his nexus for 1000$ .. with almost all expansions, i think he is so done with it ahaahhaa nexus dope though

14. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

What are you talking about? I've never sent you any PM. Nor did i ever insult your mother. You must confuse me with someone else.

You should definitely check your PMs again and come back to clear this out.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  15. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

You may be right on this, as I cant find the message from you.

But this is still true:

16. demberto

demberto Rock Star

OK, enough offtopic talk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I used a little bit of Nexus2 in almost everything I made for years. Mainly because of how quick the sound was and I didn't know how to sound design. To me it just sounded nice, even if I didn't add a little processing myself.
    I stopped buying expansions long ago because it is my experience that they sound nothing like in the demos, and plus it's just the same sounds. Nexus is geared towards genres where all the sounds used are indistinguishable. Tropical house, Synthwave, etc. I like these genres though, and like to put my own creative indie dream-rock spin on them.

As for the demos - You know how when you buy a frozen dinner, and the picture on the box looks so delicious but then you take it outta the box, heat that bitch up and then even all heated up it looks like shit and nothing like the picture on the box? (I could easily put a more sexual spin on that but this is audiosex. If I don't do it someone else will 0.83 seconds later lol). Yeah that's what buying Nexus2 expansions was like sometimes. Throw $60 bucks of my money because I liked the sounds in the demo, only to download it, use it, and it sounded nothing like the sounds I heard in the demo. It was like my 60 dollars was a sailor lured to shipwreck on a rocky coast by the enchanting melodies of sirens (like in greek mythology) only to find out they were all lesbians (no, not the fun kind) or something.

...Okay it wasn't that bad but you get my point.

Nonetheless, we have a member here who creates some of the expansions. He creates the synthwave expansions. His presets are not nearly as processed in the demos. I use those expansions often. The two main things I like about Nexus is 1. how easy it is on my CPU. 5-6 instances of Spire or Omnisphere (my 2 faves) and I gotta worry about my DAW crashing or not being able to play my project back in realtime. So sometimes if I need a real basic pluck or pad or bass sound that Nexus2 can give me, I have that option at my disposal. Same goes for electronic drums, especially synthwave drums. 2. Nexus sounds often "fit" into my mixes well even with minimal processing. I don't have to add too many effects to make it blend well, saving me even more CPU.

But then it goes without saying at the end of the day I just wanna write music that makes ME happy. It's not something I do professionally or for others or for some kind of status or anything so I just use whatever floats my boat. I don't really care what it is as long as it gets the job done with as minimal hassle as possible. I used to own terrabytes of libraries for Kontakt only to find I don't really need all of that. In recent years I just been working on using less and less.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List