Nexus 2 and 1 (cracked)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Highdom, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hi boys, on Mac, I bought Nexus 2 but in some project i still use Nexus 1.4.1 cracked with Guitar XP for istance (cracked). Can I use Nexus 1 and Nexus 2 in the same moment?

Thanks!

3. farao

farao Rock Star

You seem to be in the position to answer your own question, no?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

without buying guitar XP i mean

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Since Sunday you didn't tried to run both Nexuses to see if they can work together in the same project? :woot:

6. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

they work together!?????

7. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

We don't know, try it and find out. Worst case your computer will explode, or even more worst case the universe will return to its pre big bang state.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Wow, this guy really can't take a hint...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

:deep_facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

11. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

At least on pc, Nexus is just one plugin, 2 replaces 1 and you cannot use them both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

They should work together

You can install Nexus 2 Legit in your VSTPlugins folder (whatever that is) /reFX/Nexus2
    Then import the legit libraries with master key and you can even specify the drive to install. For instance D:/Library/reFX/Nexus2

You can then install old cracked 2 in VSTPlugins/reFX/Nexus1
    Then install Air eLicenser - this will not interfere with legit eLicenser products
    Then place the library for this one in D:/Library/reFX/Nexus1
    Then start this version, it will scan and load only compatible libraries aka the ones in Nexus1 folder.

Old Nexus2 is 32-bit only. New Nexus2 I suppose is 32/64, so you need a 32-bit daw or a bridge.

Let us know if it worked

13. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

what about in Mac?

14. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

On Mac, rename cracked Nexus.component to Nexus1.component and then you can install the legit Nexus (pointing the Library to a different folder than 1.x) and you're all set.

If component renaming creates conflict, you can always use a wrapper like bidule to load it. With bidule you can even remove the component and keep just the VST version of Nexus1.

15. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

@Highdom
    OK. My final solution: Nexus 1 and 2 do not work at the same time, but they can work either one either the other, at one given time.

Factory Content
    0. If you have just Nexus 1 installed start with step 1. If you have just Nexus 2 installed go to step 5-7 then 1-4 then 8. If you have them both installed, remove them both and start fresh.

1. Install Nexus 1 then add the entire "Nexus Content" folder to a read/write dmg image with Disk Utility (New image from folder, option).
    2. Mount the newly created Nexus1.dmg and open Nexus 1 plugin - point the new path to /Volumes/Nexus 1/Samples/ROM/
    3. Unmount Nexus1.dmg
    4. Sip some coffee
    5. Install Nexus 2
    6. Create a 50 GB sparse disk image (don't worry, it will take just the size of the files you actually put in)
    7. Copy the content of "Nexus Content" of Nexus 2 to this new disk image.
    8. At this point you should only have two images "Nexus1.dmg" and "Nexus2.sparseimage". I keep them in /Users/Shared/reFX
    Depending on what version of software you need to use, load up one image file or the other.

Plug-ins

- The final thing is to sort out your plug-in format. I used the VST version for Nexus1, bridged via Vienna Ensemble Pro and AU version for Nexus2 for Logic Pro X/Ableton Live/Studio One. These, you can't have them both in the same format.
    - For installation, use "Pacifist" to extract the desired VST/AU from the Nexus installers, do not use the dedicated installer.

If you try to load Nexus 1 while having both (or just Nexus 2) libraries mounted, will crash the host. It will work again after you unmount the Nexus 2 library.
    If you try to load Nexus 2 while having both (or just Nexus 1), depending on what version you used the last time, will work or give some error message. Again, unmount Nexus 1 library, reload Nexus 2 and will work fine.

That's it.

16. nivi

nivi Kapellmeister

I used it all the time - both together in one PC.
    Nexus2 legit - installed
    Nexus2 cracked- installed through the Jbridge

17. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

OK, so you load one 64-bit instance and one 32-bit through bridge, that I can understand.

But concerning the libraries on Mac the last used version is somehow defining the library location. So if I last used N1 (or have N1 open for that matter) - when I open N2, it will search for data in N1's location and will conflict. If N2 is open and I try to open N1, the latter will simply crash the DAW.

Thing is, unlike Nexus 1 (which when is not finding the factory library it prompts user to browse to location), Nexus 2 versions are searching automatically for library on all hard drives - and this usually ends in legit version loading the entire unlegit library and spitting errors when trying to load unlegit expansions. Viceversa, 2.2 version will complain about not being able to read newer expansions when scanning. In all, it's a mess.

So, it would be nice of you to give a little detail on how you managed to bypass this automatic scanning. Care to develop?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
  18. nivi

nivi Kapellmeister

Ok, I am sorry.
    It seems this method is no longer working with new nexus update...

19. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Since version 2 (automatic autoscan) is supposed not to work...

20. nivi

nivi Kapellmeister

strange thing is:
    I am able to have both instances running at one time.
    I am able to import libraries (legit to legit Nexus and cracked to cracked Nexus) everything is OK.
    But there comes the problem: I am not able to choose a preset from a preset menu - it looks somehow distorted now.
    Strange