Newer libraries on older versions of Kontakt. (solved)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Ankh, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Ankh

Ankh Newbie

Hi Guys,
    I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything. I'm still using Pro Tools 10 due to my workflow and so I have to use Kontakt 5.3, the latest version on RTAS. Is there anyway to trick the "your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file" error? I would really like to try some of the new stuff, but I don't want to change all my plugins and sessions right now. Any help is appreciated!

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

I fear that not :sad:... Most of the time, for all the 'new' Kontakt Libraries which are available, you must to have the 'last-in-date' Kontakt Version installed to be able to properly load these 'new' Libraries.

P.S: I write 'most of the time', because some 'new' Libraries have been done with previous Versions of Kontakt, and thus, don't necessarily require the 'last-in-date' Version of Kontakt to be loaded properly...

For info :
    The 'last-in-date' Version of Kontakt is the v5.5.2 (available where you can guess), and probably by using this one you could certainly solve all the troubles you're facing with 'new' Kontakt Libraries. :yes:

4. Ankh

Ankh Newbie

Thanks, unfortunately, Kontakt 5.5.2 doesn't work with RTAS anymore so I would have to change my PT version and all plugins :(. Seems too much trouble right now. I was hoping there was some way to trick the libraries in order to seem like my kontakt is updated but... well, there is still hope :no:. Thanks anyway!

5. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    the only workaround is to use a rtas/vst wrapper,

Blue cat audio patchwork does work well, you can use vsti like kontakt with it (I mean the vst version).

I've been there with PT 10 for a few weeks, then I moved to reaper as PT 10 was too buggy with my setup.

6. Ankh

Ankh Newbie

Thanks!!

I completely forgot about that. I use the one from Fxpansion but I downloaded the Blue cat audio and it worked great!

Thanks again!!