Newer cracked Kontakt not adding libraries on Mac

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by tarantulis, Jan 26, 2019.

1. tarantulis

tarantulis Newbie

Hi all, I've been a member for years, and have been using cracked Kontakt 5s on my Mac since like 2012. I should know what I'm doing by now. But ever since the Native Access feature was added I cannot get any of my libraries to run on newer cracked versions of Kontakt.

I add libraries in the cracked Kontakt 5.6 as instructed, they appear in the side tab. If the library is for Kontakt 6, it will ask me to confirm the changes but the library does not appear in the tabs. In BOTH SITUATIONS however, as soon as I close Kontakt 5.6, everything I've done is forgotten. The libraries don't appear in K6 when I open it, loading individual instruments gets an error message that the library has not been installed. When I go back to 5.6, the libraries that did load in the tab are no longer there.

I've done a full uninstall/reinstall about 6 times now. What more do I need to do? Batchmod? XML editing?

Would really appreciate any help.

3. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Try running a scan with Native Access. That seems to be necessary with newer libs, and it also tends to wake up the older ones, libs that tend to disappear all the time.

Also, if the lib install generates an XML file in the Service Centre (many new ones don't), open it up with a text editor and check its SNPID number - some will default to 000. If you change it to the right one, from the .nicnt file, the lib will appear next kontakt boot.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  4. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

Here is the fix, for anyone, anytime when you added the library (apparently successfully) in the earlier standalone version but it doesn't show up in your new app:

1. check the SNPID number of the library, go to the folder of the library and open the nicnt file (with TextEdit or any similar program), you will find a line like this:

<SNPID>P74</SNPID>

(in this case P74 was the ID code of Metropolis Ark 3)

2. go to your hard drive > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center, and look for the .xml file with the name of that desired library, open it with TextEdit and you will see that the SNPID number there is 000 which indicates that Kontakt somehow hasn't been able to add it properly, or whatever... Change that three zeros with the ID code you found in the nicnt of that library.

During this process Kontakt app should not be opened!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Hello KONTAKT boyz, I've installed 6.0.4 [​IMG]
    I'm a newbie with Kontakt so I would ask: Quick Lock is locked with a little padlock... [​IMG]
    Any idea to unlock it?

Many thanks for tips...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
  6. YoungAnon

YoungAnon Newbie

I DON'T HAVE THE WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW THANKFUL I AM FOR THIS INFORMATION!!!!

I just created an account to take the time to thank you, I've looked for this solution everywhere for HOURS and couldn't find anything. Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!