Newbie saying hello & requesting help

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chezaroo, Mar 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chezaroo

Chezaroo Newbie

Howdy all, I've just registered on the forum today as I was trying to work out how to edit an NICNT file so that the program would show up in Kontakt (5.6.6) library tab

I gave it a go after doing a lot of reading, I used the C++ text editor, changed the SNIPD number, then saved it, but I must of made a complete mess of it as Kontakt crashed upon loading, so I had to delete the NICNT file I copied & edited from an original NICNT file then delete all the registry entries and it's back to normal now, thank God

I've seen there is a Kontakt wallpaper & request forum on this site, but I can't figure out how to download the wallpaper & NICNT files for the Kontakt programs I need, all I seem to see is the wallpaper, so any help on how to download the NICNT files AND the wallpaper would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, and looking forward to chipping in with help & advice when I can myself

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Chezaroo Wellcome to the Forum. In a nutshell, if the library doesnt have the NICNT file you need to make one. And you need to make sure that the SPNID number used is not assigned to another library. The NICNTs have been discussed many times here, you just have to spend a little time searching for the threads discussing it. There are tools that will make them or you can make it manually. Nevertheless, I have sent you a PM and will try to help you as much as I can with tips and the tools that you need.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Hi Chezaroo,
    Welcome to Audiosex.
    To create manually nicnt files, it's always necessary to use and edit an existing one and make sure that you use a program that will not mess with the rest of the code.
    I use notepad ++ for this.
    In our sister site, AudioZ, you will find several packs of wallpapers and nicnt.
    If you create your own, I strongly suggest that you keep trace of the Alfa numeric codes so you don't repeat any.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Welcome to the forum!

1. Another way to make a custom nicnt is a small utility called "nicnt generator". It also finds automatically any conflicts with pre-existing libraries (duplicate numbers etc.) and warns you beforehand.
    2. If you want to search manually for duplicate SNPID numbers, there is another utility called "SNPID locator".

What happens if you create a nicnt with an existing number? The older library disappears from the tabs list.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

7. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@Chezaroo Welcome.
    Of course, it's not imperative to have to have it show up in the library browser, when you can just load it from the files tab, and also add it to the Quick Load.