Newb question: How to install FL Studio or Studio One on MAC

Discussion in 'DAW' started by tjgoa, Mar 1, 2015.

1. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

Hey I have a friend who uses logic and is a very beginner. I offered to teach her more about music production but know nothing about logic or mac. So i thought I'd have them install fl studio or studio one so I could teach them with tools I know how to use. Problem is we are having quite a time even installing these on a mac. I've never had one and am clueless how to even install these things called .dmg. I would appreciate a video or step by step instructions for my friend who seems really eager to learn music production on her mac cheers.

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

There ksnt any native dlstudio as farbas I know yet. Maybe some wrapped crap...
    Just lern Logic or install Bootcamp
    Cheers

4. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

A DMG file is similar to an ISO file so just doubleclick on it and it opens up the files hidden in the DMG file
    On Mac sometimes you just have to drag drop the application to the program folder and sometimes you have to install it exactly like on PC those files have the extension .pkg just doubleclick on that file and exactly like on PC click next next next also you might have to fill in a password if the user have a password..

If it is cracked version you might just see an icon (like on PC) saying install or click me or whatever also a pic with the crackgroup logo can be find etc etc so you have to click on that pic..

Mac is not that different from PC in that way BUT on Mac you cant choose install dir on many programs as you can on PC and that goes for the content on many virtual instrument aswell

So there you have it just double click on the DMG and off you go

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

If your friend loves Logic stick with it, start with some free loops and basic midi arrangement.

Don't start using S1 if your friend want to learn Logic, just learn Logic.

On the otherside i learned S1 and it's so easy and once you are able to run S1 you'll be able to run logic aswell without problems. I know this could change from person to person, I learned S1 in Windows and then tried Logic Pro X in OSX and it doesn't make any difference. They are both good.

When i was on FL i tried to produce with Logic Pro 9, was awful. Learn 1 daw instead of 10 but moving from s1 to logic is much more easier than moving from Fl to logic. I believe you can run S1 demo period with full functionality both Windows and OSX (except import export mp3) for 30 days. check it out. Or try bootcamp to run FL.

6. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

The gold ol teach a girl friend how to produce trick. Well played, well played. If you are very comfortable with any DAW you should be able to make a switch fairly quick. As most of it is theory, of course that the workflow etc wont be there but you should be able to get around most DAWs. There is also the reference manual, just look up what you are trying to do, like routing etc. Finally there is a wrapped version of FL studio floating around, but it is tricky to install third party plug-ins since its sa wrapped version.Stock plug-ins on FL should be more than enough for a beginner either way.

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

she must be hot to go through all that? Damn dude good luck need a lot of free /spare time on your hands

8. Batoumba

Batoumba Producer

if you wanna impress this girl and learn her how to produce on the way bro i suggest you download the full ASK Video - MacProVideo Logic Pro X tutorial bundle and spend the day watching it.
    Since you already know you'r way around daws and such you will get it in no-time and will be able to show her the hows and whatnots

Extra Tip = if you wanna make a good impression on her try and find some Synth that works on Logic that looks cool and sounds cool too! sumthin like Xfer Serum comes to mind or even Vanguard ,all chicks fall for reFX Vanguard , maybe a pink skin Nexus too (better not mess with nexus tho i hear a lot of bugz and complaints on mac osx). If she is a pop rock-ballads lover like most girls are then you could always impress her with a cool sounding guitar synth , Ample Sound AGL or Ilya Efimov Classic guitar or Orange Tree Strawberry ;p :mates:

9. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

Well said...hahaha :wink: