New track new feedback needed - Melodic techno :)

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by seicaratteri, Jul 28, 2019.

1. seicaratteri

seicaratteri Member

Hi guys!

I finished up a new track and as the last time I would love to hear your feedback about it. Your comment are always so helpful for me to grow and improve!

Thank you! :drummer:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. seicaratteri

seicaratteri Member

4. lorenzolamasse

lorenzolamasse Newbie

Hi there, interesting, though I think it's probably a bit too melodic, and lacking more movement throughout the intro and breaks that feel static even though melody is there. Your intro is almost 1m30 without almost any change (!), even though I liked the melody, people get bored faster than that. General advises say that a change should occur atmost every 30 seconds to keep listener's attention ;-)

Not a pro my self, but working hard and reading/seeing hundreds of guides and videos to improve my knowledge.
    Keep up !
    Lorenzo

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I enjoyed your track, there was an 80s vibe that kept reminding me of Stranger things.

If you don't mind me asking, what synths did you use?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Love the intro, very emotive and had me hooked!
    Agree with the retro vibe and saturated sound, really nice.

I personally, would go to 2:54 after the first intro. I tested it and it sounds good for a nice build to the track
    The original part from 1:21 felt more like a light jam session, and not as cohesive as the other part I mention above (or other parts).

My only other comment, does it need to be 9:26? I get the feeling you had several ideas/variations and chose to add them all?
    Pick a few a roll with them, building up the track.By all means have a 10min epic for fans/subs etc. But passing listeners (like us) are going to "click through" your track and lose the emotion you built upon.

Great track though dude. Enjoyed it.

7. seicaratteri

seicaratteri Member

As always you're feedback are so much appreciated and helpful! Thank you so much guys I will rember it all for my next song :)

No problem at all! Is all made with the Arturia Mini v3

8. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Those synths are something special:break:

9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Nice.
    The drums are also from the Mini v3?

10. DJK

DJK Rock Star

personally i dont like the intro, i like it but its more for trance, techno needs to build slow with drums and bass ect,if im honest its not techno, more melodic house, listen to techno and here the difference, the track itself is very nice, but not techno.

11. hayabusa

hayabusa Kapellmeister

Hi,
    at 1mn23, I found the sound ..this particular sound too much EDM in my opinion, you should maybe go for a darker sound. Nice intro by the way.
    I really recommend you to check the latest tutorial from Julien EARLE on YT from "making a track like Joyhauser"...awesome knowledgeable...really, check him out.
    May I also suggest you hear this on YT, HATE, FingR86, those channels are specialized in melodic techno...not saying you have to copy but get an idea of what is all about and adding your touch...could be useful...
    Here are one or 2 tracks I really like in that melodic genre...the 2nd is a KILLER!!!!! Melodic techno, for me, at least is that...
    Don't get me wrong, your work is great mate, just as a listener of that kind, here is what I really like to hear at the moment and with 46K + views, you could consider those as ref I think...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  12. seicaratteri

seicaratteri Member

Thank you all for all the feedbacks guys! Every single one of it is so valuable :)

I have a question tho: many of you told me the track is not techno and I can agree on the point. I'm at the very beginning of my producing experience (around 6 months now) and even tho I really love listening to techno, I don't really wanna produce any specific genre. The way I do it is I go with the flow of my feelings and my hearing and the outcome most of the time is really melodic patterns and bright sounds. I don't really wanna force myself to shift to darker sounds just to stick more to the techno genre (or any genre, actually). Should I?

Plus, question number two: what genre would you define this track?

Only the stick sound, the rest is made with the sampler and samples from different packs :)

Thank you so much man! YT channels and knowledge are much appreciated, I will absolutely check it out! And for the tracks, I like the first two but are too 'dark' for my usual tastes. Love the third one so much tho! What an incredible piece. That's for me melodic techno :)

13. saltwater

saltwater Rock Star

not bad, thanks for sharing!

have a look at this

the concepts of polyrythm/subtlety/movement shown in this video should bring your tracks up to the next level :winker: