NEW Track Feedback and Contest HELP!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Adieux Music, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Adieux Music

Adieux Music Newbie

Hello everyone !

Some of you may recall the two bootlegs I posted in the summer ( HERE ) asking for advice. Well the knowledgeable members here helped me out and I am very grateful.
    Since then I have been attempting to make my productions clean and loud with the advice I was given and think I have pulled it off :)

Old Stuff - See link above

New Stuff - NERVO & Hook n Sling - Reason (Adieux contest Remix) - Soundcloud or youtube or CONTEST

Now since there is always room for improvement I would like to ask you guys to comment / critique etc. on what you hear since last time was helpful :)

If you enjoy the song please help me out and vote at the contest link above :) Its for exposure since I don't have much of a fanbase since I have been trying to focus on production quality not quantity

So in summary: production comments much appreciated, and if you can send a vote my way that would be amazing :) Thanks everyone!!

VOTE HERE: CONTEST

3. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

What is this? Do i have to read all your links to get me quickly informed about giving advice about a mix?

Too much work. Is this is a mash up? An actual remix? Where is the original so i can compare? I dont know the songs. So right now i listen to the youtube link you give me.

Because this page has been seen more than 100 times without a comment, probably because of the confusion...

And i dont vote because someone put his remix in here.

:wink:

4. Devlin

Devlin Newbie

Wow, easy. I was trying to help you out, now you sound like a dick to me.

Adieu!

5. kwaszak0

kwaszak0 Newbie

Hi I think for this tune you took too hard sounding stuff. In my oppinion for this kind of vocal this should be something wormer and shinnier.

Yo

6. Adieux Music

Adieux Music Newbie

No definitely wasn't being a dick, you misinterpreted

Have an example of what you mean ? Another song perhaps.

7. kwaszak0

kwaszak0 Newbie

I dont think I can give you example. It is just my feeling that instrumentation takes vocals down. Vocals feel like cosed in some space while they should be on top of it. Maybe it is just miksing issue. Kik is hiting too hard for sure.

8. Adieux Music

Adieux Music Newbie

Thats weird I checked it on various systems and it sounded pretty good, and yeah the kick is punching through but everything seems pretty balanced in comparison, except maybe the vocals after the 2nd break I agree. Any thoughts on the overall mix and master, too much compression, not clean or loud enough? anything like that