New track: Aymat - Luscinia (d&b)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by aymat, May 6, 2022.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

@B00nD0ggie @clone and @genophyte @justwannadownload : Thank you so much the support!

@JMOUTTON and @No Avenger :
    Thank you so much for your technical input, it is seriously appreciated!

Its been so long since I've sat down to finish a track, let alone mix, that I'm still a bit rusty. I do appreciate everyone taking the time to listen and share their input which is extremely helpful in letting me know what to look for moving forward. I've listened to this track more times than I probably should have so I'm pretty sick of it at this point haha but once I have a few more tracks under my belt I'll revisit and adjust things accordingly.

Thanks again everyone, it really means a lot and one of the reasons I love this community. Cheers! :mates:

2. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

Nice ! Really enjoyed this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you!

4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

now this was funny, so you have a "7 inch consumer grade subwoofer in the corner of an untreated room"? and you judge others opinions regarding bass in it? :hahaha:

such an environment should produce ANY type of craziness. dont even mind the spikes, its the freaking dips! it wouldn't surprise me if there were up to 12 db bass dips in that room and therefor you don't hear what No Avenger is hearing.

because i listened to the track you offered as reference, the bass in it has literally nothing to do with the bass in the OPs post.

I agree with No Avenger, there is a degree of boomy resonance there, but keep in mind we are talking meticulous critique! because the track is already at a certain quality level, the expectations become totally other than a random "demo" where you could spend all day pointing out problems.

here the production is nice, therefore the critique is way more intrinsic. hope you understand that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

very nice tune. hehe, i know the feeling of being sick of listening. often it goes a way after a couple of weeks, and more tracks obviously.

if anything, just to add something i would say i missed some delicate compression? and i mean its territory where im not sure i would manage to do it myself, but its just a tiny feeling of it been able to sound more controlled, could be just a question of volume/mixed tracks.

and imho the drum-loop going in the background, i felt it sounded a bit stressed, not accompanying the track that well. Could the track work without it? or maybe get some eq so that it felt more cohesive in the mix? just some details. other than that, very pleasing song

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Lol : D
    It's called "shit-control" dude. Get used to it if you want to make any music.
    The whole point of No Avenger's argument is that boomines can cause issues in a bad listening environment. And I say that it doesn't :shrug:
    BTW it's either my ears have a 12dB peak at the same frequencies my room has dips at (whuch I would've noticed in another room), or my room has no such dips.
    On top of that, I didn't provide a reference, I provided an example for creative use of "boominess" as a concept, because I didn't realize at first thet people actually see technical issues with the track.
    Also it's easy to criticize someone's work if you're under an impression that you're on the same level. I assure you tho that you aren't.

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

:rofl:

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

:woot: :no: My point is that boominess can cause issues because it's, well, boomy - even in an excellent environment. But I think this topic has no longer anything to do with @aymat's song.

9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

he simply doesn’t grasp what you are talking about, because of poorly trained hearing.
    Because the darn frequency IS THERE.

But obviously, one can choose to keep it/use it, it’s not a biggie.

but that should be a conscious perceptive choice.
    The problem is when someone comes in denying stuff while being oblivious and unperceiving

10. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thanks @EddieXx! Yeah that loop with the vocal is actually a sample I found. Nice little loop but it was made apparently to sound "vintage"... in reality it was really poorly recorded with distorted vocals. I did my best to clean up the sample and remove a lot of the clipping that was in it using RX (if you listen close enough you can hear it in parts of the vocals). Sucks because the sample itself is musically interesting but sometimes thats what you got to work with.

Apart from that, I really appreciate everyone's input. I'm just getting back into it after a long hiatus so any input is extremely helpful and I'll keep all of it in mind for upcoming releases. Cheers peeps! :mates:

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  11. justwannadownload

I'll try to be polite. I didn't give you any justification for that, and thus feel justified answering in kind. That would deteriorate the discussion's quality however, and you aren't important enough for it to worth it.
    You're wrong. I hear the "boominess" (more like huminess in the 40-60 kHz, since it's not transient) you're talking about and, as I said multiple times, deeming it a problem comes down to preference. And the bassiest thing you both seem to prefer is commercial EDM :)
    @No Avenger You called Noisia crap, what are you doing here?
    In this track, there's nothing in the upper mids that could clutter the mix perception-wise, so there's no reason to tame the subs in a "perfect" way (as to not overload the listener). Quite the opposite, the bass should be emphasized in feeling, but not by upping its low mids, because that would make the track too dense, and the style of the track doesn't imply this kind of density. This is the exact perfect character for bass in this track.

12. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

your arrogance and childish passive aggressive remarks are totally in vain pal

understand that “boomy”:

-is not “bass”, nor “bassy”
    -is not a quality
    -it’s not desirable
    -it’s not genre dependent!
    -it’s not a mixing “technique”!

Under any circumstances.

“Boomy” is simply a sonic problem. not a lack, or abundance of “bass”..

edit: btw, 40-60hz!? What in heaven are you even talking about. That is NOT it kid.
    and your “not a reference”-track lol, well, it didn’t contain the issue we are talking about in any shape or form. So it was totally pointless, again.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. justwannadownload

Are you a non-native English speaker? Because I think I expressed myself clearly.
    Other than the language barrier or you being an ass I don't see why would you would outright ignore your opponent's words in favor of reiterating the same backwards half-understanding you exposed already. So which one is it?
    Oh, don't answer. Your manners betrayed you five comments ago. Now where's that "ignore" button...

14. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

:wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

16. justwannadownload

Suuuper-late addition:
    ...aaaand it's not what you were talking about. Yeah.

So I was working on taking things easier and it occured to me that they were actually speaking about the second harmonic being louder than the fundamental all this time (so mostly 125-ish Hz instead of 40 to 60). BTW why didn't you just said it like that? Would've cut it by weeks.
    So yeah, I indeed didn't get what they were on about, but now I get them even less. Like, guys. How come you never touched a bass amp?
    Jokes aside, this indeed can lead to quite a few issues when compressing and EQing the track or the mix bus, but then all of them are sidestepped in this track, so I maintain that #aymatdidnothingwrong

Ight, back to the work.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I think that you should bring in the sleeve about 2cm so that you can show a little bit more shirt cuff, and as well let down the inseam so that it just draps the top of your shoe...after all the flood is over!

Oh, damn, I thought this was the Terrific Tailor forum on Quora...me bad!!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

19. genophyte

genophyte Producer

i think this has to be one of the very few forums left where people will legit argue off topic until a mod steps in..

20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

No it's not.:wink: