new total training.com tutorials

Discussion in 'Education' started by pjotr41, Jan 21, 2012.

1. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

very intresting

http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/howaudio/ha_cplaw_fms.asp

http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/howaudio/ha_compressors_ess.asp

http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/howaudio/ha_select_hp.asp

3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's funny how all the clever musicians have stopped making music and started producing tutorials and construction kits.

I'm sure there is a message in there somewhere ...

4. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

i think every creativity has an end, mostly of this guys who make tuts, doing this for a long time, if they dont produce good tracks , they started to do tuts.

i had read in the last years over 30 book about music production from produce, arrange, mix, master and music business but I really like to compare with video tuts from another releaser

5. obscure

obscure Newbie

Which clever musicians are you talking about??? If they dropped music for tuts, then isn't it obvious that they weren't actually clever enough? :dunno:

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Ironic comment regarding the perceived lack of money in the music business.

7. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

There is a saying here in the UK............

"There are those who CAN,

And, there are those who Teach
    ."

8. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I'm inclined to think that the way art is perceived in our society contains lots of lies
    while pedagogy seems to be more useful specially breaking myths

9. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Man, regardless of how these guys haven't made it big in the industry is irrelevant to the knowledge they passing to someone else. And what's wrong with someone being a teacher? or having something on the side generating extra income? A guy like Rich Schmunk who does a lot of the tuts for Lynda.com, is a prime teacher and the dude knows his sh*t. So many guys I could name, they are more than "the guy who didn't make it"; sometimes some of these guys choose to go in the teaching area from what I know as fact.
    I can't talk for everybody else but there's a whole wealth of information I got from these tuts that I won't have to spend 4 years dropping $$$$$$ at Berkelee for or even have to go to Dubspot for. Although I wouldn't mind going to Berkelee or Dubspot if my money permits it, but until then I can still learn a thing or two from these tuts.
    I guess there's always a negative criticism for everything someone choose to do, even when they do it in a form to help somebody else. Everybody in here seems to be experts and know it all already...smh!!!

10. obscure

obscure Newbie

OK. Let me be clear. I will be blunt.

All the 'clever' people are still in there, making money.

If you compared those tutorial guys to the people involved in making music for tv, film and radio, you will see a laaarge gap in how 'clever' they are about sound and music.

+1

All those tutorials ever teach are the basics, what is common textbook knowledge compiled together, in a i-dont-need-to-read-a-book form, without any creativity at all.... so I don't see why you believe they're so great and deserving of musical success over people who can actually do.