NEW: Tone2 Icarus 3 is just landed (official release)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by RAIN, Apr 5, 2024.

1. RAIN

RAIN Guest

The most powerful synthesizer available on the market

Icarus is an epic synthesizer and a must-have for producers and sound designers. This award-winning workstation is one of the most versatile and powerful synthesizers ever created. Icarus offers a huge sonic range and is capable of producing all the classic synthesizer sounds as well as a wide range of fresh sounds not possible with other products. The audio engine offers many exciting features like 62 (!) different synthesis methods, a drum sequencer, a vocoder, 65 (!) filter types, a glitch sequencer, a wavetable editor, an extremely powerful oscillator section, MSEGs, ...
    A reliable re-synthesis can recreate any sound with a single mouse click!
    Yet the synth remains very easy to use. A comfortable interface gives you instant visual feedback, immediate acoustic results and context-sensitive help.
    The synthesizer delivers true high-end sound quality with low CPU usage.
    It ships with over 2000 inspiring, production-ready sounds from professional designers.

Upgrade with discount:
    Icarus 1 and 2 owners are able to upgrade to v3.x with a big discount (€79 or $89 instead of $169). Click here to upgrade now!

PC:
    Windows 7 / 8 / 10 / 11
    Plugin formats: 64-bit VSTi, VST3, Standalone

Mac:
    macOS 10.12 or higher / macOS 11, 12, 13, 14
    64bit Intel or M1 or M2 or M3
    Plugin formats: VSTi, Audio Unit (AUi), VST3, Standalone, Universal Binary
    Native support for M1, M2 and M3

User-friendly copy-protection:
    No dongle, no cloud, no data-collection, no need to be online, does not install an additional 'license-manager' or driver

available at the intro price of €149.00, increasing to €199.00 after the promotion. Icarus 1 and 2 owners are able to upgrade to v3.x with a big discount (€79 or $89 instead of $169).

https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

Man, do they have some ground to cover to make up for their previous absolutely malicious behavior.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

i'd say that's all well in the past by now. markus has already atoned (atone2??) for this.
    why not let the sleeping dogs lie instead of jumping at every opportunity to re-publicize a past scandal?

literally everybody already knows what happened, the tomatoes have been thrown.

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

are you family with him or something?

I don't think he has atoned for that in any way that it is going to be a "by gones be by gones" or chalking it up to some hijinks for me and quite a few others yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

nah man, i just believe in a sort of sagacity in social etiquette that doesn't involve throwing stones after the stoning is over and done with.

he has publicly (and privately) apologized in the past after getting massively, relentlessly shit on (rightly so). i was one of the people he apologized privately to. and i accept what he had to say.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

I hear you, but I wasn't one of those people he privately apologized to, so there is a fair difference you know?

8. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

Did you experience such difficulties after having purchased Tone2 synths? Does he owe you a private apology?
    I imagine that might contextualize the fair difference.

But I do think it is beating a dead horse (look at us go). Markus even decided to stop making synths because the event was very distressing and has affected his marriage and health. Some continue to mock him for that and I find it rather callous and overbearing to say the least. He didn't run somebody over, he just sorta boobytrapped his software. That's a fair difference.

Anyway, at risk of coming across as a family member or a fan boy, I do think Icarus 3 is a mighty good synth. I understand some people won't want to use it on principle alone - to each their own.

9. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

No he didn't run anybody over, and so I'm not asking for his imprisonment or incarceration. He didn't 'sorta' boobytrap: his stuff infected and manipulated filesystems and registries and a whole list of things that fucked with peoples systems in a big way. Legit or not. And I was actually legit. And no, I didn't get a private apology. So I'm contextualizing it just fine.

I think a 'fair' reaction is to absolutely be wary of his shit, and no, a lot of the kids on this site don't know about it as it was a bit ago in the way things and people matriculate here, and his 'personal' problems are a big whup to me, not because I am not empathetic, but because we all have them, and as a result we don't go on shit sprees.... or if it's the other way around, and we do go on shit sprees, we get what we got coming.

I hope and pretty much assume it's fine (the new product), as it will be closely scrutinized I imagine...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. clone

clone Audiosexual

the reason he felt entitled enough to other peoples money that made basically hacking them a viable option, means his code will never run on a machine I own.

I have no personal stake in the old matter. No feelings, nothing bad to say about him or the company, no apologies or lost data.
    There is 0 chance I will ever run anything from him. That is simple common sense. You cannot trust an anti-malware scanner to detect something brand new, and written just for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Where he finds time to improve and fix everything? Is he the God of soft synths? Billions of changes and enhancements.. O_o

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. clone

clone Audiosexual

If a single cracker "made a mistake" that wiped out people's work, they would be banned. If he thinks so highly of his own work, that someone trying to just check out a program for free is the equivalent of wiping out musicians work; I'm not sure how that gets any kind of a pass.
    One person on here could work a year on some orchestra project. He will listen for free, right? His hard work is worth nothing more than anyone else's. If his work is so great, it should be selling itself. It should not even be posted to advertise here.

He authored what is basically a virus, 100% tailored for musicians computers. This is not even an instance of something targeting corporate exchange servers or some rogue nations siemens centrifuges that you just happen to get infected with on accident. He is lucky to be allowed within 30 feet of a computer.

13. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

yes we know all of that.

you have jews living in germany once again,
    tutsi and hutu living next door to each other,
    there are videos online of cats and dogs cuddling,
    and tone2 is continues to exist as a company,
    what a beautiful world :mates:

i bought Icarus 3, what a great synth, thank you Markus!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

But not Hitler and his brownshirts.... (and no, I'm not equating Marcus to that, it was your analogy)

And my bengal cat and dog get along just fine.

And the States didn't go after Nixon hard enough, and that's why MAGA bullshit and Trump are running rampant.

Decisions, elections and bad deeds have consequences.

I'm with @clone , that shit ain't ever kissing one of my systems.

15. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

:shalom:

16. woodywood

woodywood Member

"absolutely malicious behavior" lol It never did half the $hit people were claiming it did to their computers. I spent a week messing around with those old "booby-trapped" releases figuring out exactly what they were doing and it was mild sauce.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  17. Emma Evi

Emma Evi Member

Does it support importing multisamples?
    Nice that he offers a demo version. will try it

18. mondomorte

mondomorte Producer

Not in the same sense that a sampler can, but you can import multiple samples and it will turn them into a wavetable. Select multiple, drag & then drop onto an oscillator. There's likely a way to do it within the wavetable editor that is more comprehensive but I haven't tried.

19. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Seems like a monster synth but TBH I have yet to scratch the full potential of Falcon which is not slouch either.

Nonetheless I might be curious to give it a run soon.

20. virusg

virusg Rock Star

while I do have Icarus 2, I don't see any reason to upgrade for that price as I'm fully satisfied even tho I don't use it much, or better; I've used it when I bought it, then like all the things, has lost its place ...I repeat, the price is something that keeps me not to upgrade, and for that one could get better alternatives... my 2 cents

PS: I do agree with some that say he shouldn't in the first place ever do shady practices, he was very lucky not to be carried in court, he was already out of business... you wouldn't be so nice to defend me if I in some way hack your computer! so for anyone ever think to develop something, just stay away from people's personal computer, its private, whatever they say or do, as all things that belongs to you me and anyone ... no action can justify a hack! if you deserve your place in the audio world, the real musician, artist or hobbyist will always appreciate!