New to this site and music production in general

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by CaptCaveman, Feb 8, 2020.

1. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Newbie

Hi all,

I recently started with music production and been trying to find tutorials and track walkthroughs and basically everything I can get my hands on. Not sure if I have talent yet but hopefully I'll find out in 6 months or so when I have some experience.
    Somehow I stumbled upon this site and I'll definately be browsing through here to see what people more experienced than me (probably everyone :)) have to say and I'll know I will probably learn a lot.

I also noticed there is a sister site but it does not accept registrations - probably due to an error with the captcha system. It shows an error at the bottom screen:
    error for site owner: Invalid domain for site key

Is this intentional (blocked for user registrations) or will I still be able to register?

Thank you very much

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Welcome to Audiosex.
    Sent you a pm.

4. CrankHank

CrankHank Member

Hi!
    You’ve definetely found the right place to start. Have a look at "audioz.download/tutorials/" and you’ll find a lot of useful tutorials. In the beginning it seems a little bit confusing, because there’s so much to decide.
    I’m on a Mac and I work on LogicX but I started out with Propellerhead Reason which in my opinion was a really good starting point. Don’t know how it looks today, I guess it’s a little bit more complicated, but go and have a look for it. It has a very straight forward design and routing options so it’s really powerful and still easy to learn. It has a drummachine, synthesizers, sample players and sound effects and also a very useful tool called Dr.REX which is a loop-player (quite similar to Spectrasonics Stylus but much easier to handle).
    Regardless of what DAW you use, start learning rhythm because that’s the basement of all music.
    Have fun and good luck!