New to the community, could you give advice on my tracks?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Army of Ninjas, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Awesome, thanks man! I am considering posting download links on my soundcloud page, but I'm not sure if there would be any interest or not.

2. fuad

fuad Producer

Really cool tracks and I like the ideas as well, but I think the production and sample/synth choices are letting the songs down and they are lacking in punch and power. So although you have good composition, arrangement and ideas, you need more powerful synths and samples and you need to fit them together to get a good overall mix. The tracks sound heavy because of too much low mids (200-300Hz) and because the synths are too low and heavy as well..Also, I think the synths have too much reverb which is making the overall song sound washed out and unfocused.

Overcompression is another issue as well, although the waveform is full and big, the tracks still lack power because you're trying to make every individual element sound big maybe, cutting frequencies is a must to get big sounding mixes. and will also save you headroom so you can make your songs louder for real.

Also, your songs need some more variation, the same melody plays on for too long and I start to lose interest towards the middle of the songs (applies to all the songs). You need excitement bro! Put effects, impacts, risers, drops, crashes wooshing and whirling stuff, these are technical terms of course :)

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Fuad's a respected engineer here so I would take what you can out of what he says. He also provides mixing/mastering services and makes customized tutorial videos with your music at a great price so keep that in mind as well. Thanks for sharing that useful information fuad, you always come through with great constructive criticisms that can really help the artist grow to the next level. :mates: