New Tegeler Blackbox plugin coming 1 June 2023

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, May 14, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This sounds interesting, but it's a tad of a weird release maybe?! They are basically asking for preorders for 59 Euros up to 31 May 2023, but will not state what the plugin actually is or does until release day on 1 June 2023, at which point the price goes up to 99 Euros. This feels a tad uncomfortable for me, especially as they then go on about wanting to sell fairly priced products and not overprice to then reduce the price a few days a year to the 'real' price and so on. If they said what the plugin was, then I don't think it would be a pro lem, but asking people for blind investment seems strange.

The one sweetener in it for me though is that they are apparently going to be giving away a Creme unit for every 100 preorders, which is a hardware unit with a value of about 1,700 Euros. It's basically a 59 Euro lottery ticket for a 1/100 chance of winning a 1,700 Euro Creme, along with a plugin that you may or may not want or find useful. It seems odd business from a financial sense though, as 100 preorders is only 5,900 Euros, so giving away almost a third of that as a 'prize' seems overly generous....or perhaps an indication that the 1,700 Euro Creme is ovepriced and their production costs are much lower, meaning it's not that much of a hit to their 5,900 income from the preorders to give one away....which would then jar with their boasting of wanting to sell products for a fair price and that they don't overprice thing and so on :dunno:

Either way, I'm excited to see a Tegler Plugin and not sure what I think about the above approach yet, but sharing for anyone interested :wink:

https://shop.tegeler.com/products/b...campaign_id=6328935997607&ad_id=6328935997807

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List