New synth purchase. Recommendations for 2017

Discussion in 'Software' started by tgunz020707, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tgunz020707

tgunz020707 Kapellmeister

I want to get a new synth I have been watching all kinds of videos I was thinking halion sonic 3 or the absolute 3 bundle.But my top problem with them is the elicense.I have also been looking at the vengence avenger which I downloaded the demo but for the life of me I can't get to open in my main daw studio one.I got it to pull up in FL Studio sounds are Ok but honelsty it's fun to make my own stuff.My biggest problem is it not opening up in studio one.Is there any other synths like these?I'm not really looking for emulations I have enough of them .Also halion sonic 3 and halion 6 use the new soft license but the absolute bundle says you need the dongle still which I assume is for the other stuff pad Shop ect.If I got absolute 3 would I be able to use halion and halion sonic without using the dongle or does absolute 3 work as a whole instead of individually?I have serum and others but nothing like avenger or halion sonic 3 is there any other synths like this or has any one got the avenger to work in studio one 3?

3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

What are you trying to achieve musically? The two plugins you mentioned are like comparing oranges and ostriches. If you want to play realistic sounds, Omnisphere is superior to Halion. If you want a synth, it's all about what music you make. If you do ambient, get Absynth. Maybe refocus your question.

4. ia

ia Producer

Or you just can buy Virus TI

5. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Still playing with Demo. No problems.

6. tgunz020707

All I get is a white screen when I open it in studio one and I can't do anything without having to go to task manager and quiting studio one.It pulls up fine on other daws I can't figure it out

7. tgunz020707

Honestly I just want something new I have absynth omnisphere serum massive Just looking for something new.I really don't want or need the instruments halion sonic 3/halion 6 has I was just looking at the synth part that's why I was looking at avenger also uvi falcon.Just a thread to see what's new out there honestly.I even seen rapid but that didn't appeal to me to much.

8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

NI Reaktor. Even if you don't want to go deep into the modular system, you could just get the free Player version and some ensembles like Kontour, Spark, Skanner XT, Razor or Form.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/?search=poweredbyreaktor

The free stuff in the User Library has coolness that rivals NI's official retail offerings. You will need the full version for these.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/

Or UVI Falcon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  9. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Dunno. Seems like there's something wrong with your system. Try to update video drivers.

10. ia

ia Producer

Reaktor is hidden gem

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try using VST2 instead of 3

12. tgunz020707

Yea I thought of that also as sometimes studio one has problems with vst3 but both do the same thing it's not on my main computer maybe I'll try tommorow still debating it

13. tgunz020707

Thanks for all the responses I will looking into all of them I have played with Reaktor before but it was version 5 I know 6 has the blocks and stuff probably give it a go tommorow

14. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I would suggest that you look at UVI Falcon, still cutting edge by today's standard.

15. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Did you try opening S1 with Admin privileges?
    Also did you make sure that the plugin's folder has Read / Write permissions?
    If it still doesn't work, did you try running S1 in Windows Compatibility Mode (assuming you are not using a Mac)?

16. tgunz020707

Yes it's weird it only happens in studio one it works fine in FL Studio and sonar and all my other vsts work fine in studio one it's just avenger

17. tgunz020707

Have you used falcon?Is it a big gb library or is it small?

18. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

It's a synth, not a library.
    Nonetheless, it should take less than 1 GB of HD space according to UVI's requirement list.

19. Resonator

Resonator Kapellmeister

"Have you used falcon?Is it a big gb library or is it small?"
    just over 600 MB for the library although it will read any UVI library, so mine's about 40GB

Does depend on what your looking to do, if you want to use alongside modular hardware then it's got to be Reaktor, you like tons of presets to choose from then Omnisphere, lots of synth types, plenty of editing capabilities and top notch sound quality then Falcon, all decent choices. Maybe you want something else, U-He's Hive and Repro worth a look at too.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017